For Those Astronomically Inclined...

Bobj

Bobj been surfing for a basic "sky chart" for the northern hemisphere and cannot find one. All the books i have looked at are too deep!!!

All I want is a simple picture showing me what is what!!!

HELP HELP

I need a beginners sky chart which will tell me what I am looking at! eg Orion, Great Bear etc.

Come on team do it ;)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Did you read my reply to you on the first page of this thread? :huh:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Here you go, Snatcher. Hope this helps you with the night sky.

http://www.astrospace.co.uk/nightsky/MonthlyNightSky.htm

Gongrats mate, I just noticed that was your 1,000 th post ;).

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Thanks Bobj,John S and everyone else for the links. Very informative stuff. Hope to put up some half decent pictures of the northern sky as seen from the Mull of Galloway this year. :)

Bobj what species of fish did your youngun catch on those lures of mine? Coming over to Oz in November for a month or so so will check out your stars!!

I know this is :offtopic: but have you got any links to fishing forums in the Sydney area? plan on fishing quite a bit when I am over there :fishing:

Cheers

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Gongrats mate, I just noticed that was your 1,000 th post ;).

Many thanks, mate. Didn't realize I had posted so much... :D

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

• 2 weeks later...

For corydoras, the ISS for the next 10 days.

To all the blokes viewing this, the larger the negative number, the brighter the object eg sun= -26 moon= -12.6 Sirius= -1.4...the larger the plus number, the dimmer, the object.

http://www.heavens-above.com/PassSummary.a...lt=5&tz=GMT

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

To all the blokes viewing this, the larger the negative number, the brighter the object eg sun= -26 moon= -12.6 Sirius= -1.4...the larger the plus number, the dimmer, the object.

Thanks for that Bob. I've printed out and stuck it on the wall. All I need now is hope for clear skies :rolleyes:

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Don't forget though that this map is location specific, i.e focussed on the (very) south of England and that it will change slightly depending on where you are.

Rob.

Don't forget though that this map is location specific, i.e focussed on the (very) south of England and that it will change slightly depending on where you are.

Rob.

Forgot to put that in...many thanks.

http://www.heavens-above.com/main.aspx?lat...lt=5&tz=GMT

If you want to get your location, click on Home...at "Configuration", click on database. Next screen click "U" United Kingdom. Next screen, enter your town, or nearest main town. Next screen, click on the town listed in blue, that will bring up all the main page with satellites, planets etc. and your location.

Simple.... :clap2:

Here is Newt's....er....Jan V's location. ;)

http://www.heavens-above.com/main.aspx?Loc...=285&TZ=EST

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.