Which Beachcaster

hailwood

Hi to everyone firstly!

I am looking to buy a new beachcaster rod (multiplier version), I don't want a stick. I would like something that can chuck up to 6oz, be a reasonably good casting tool but also have good sensitivity in the tip (not much point putting the bait out if I can't see a bite!).

Any recommendations?

I've been thinking a similar thing myself.

I have been doing lots of fly fishing in recent years because the shore fishing near me has been so rubbish. But after a great session last weekend I am very much back into it, and as my rod got smashed against the wall of the breakwater I was fishing on (howling gale blew my rod away when I was putting it in the car) I may need to think about something new. My current rod is a century composites Centex Sport and it has been superb, but is 15 years old. Centex generally have a 'sport' and 'match' range of their rods, with the 'match' ones having a more sensitive tip on them.

Greys do a range and I have ben delighted by their fly rods- so they may be worth a look at. I guess it depends on if you fish from a pier, rocks, off the beach- and if on that beach you need to cast for miles.

:)

Hi to everyone firstly!

I am looking to buy a new beachcaster rod (multiplier version), I don't want a stick. I would like something that can chuck up to 6oz, be a reasonably good casting tool but also have good sensitivity in the tip (not much point putting the bait out if I can't see a bite!).

Any recommendations?

Hi there,One of the best all round beachcasters I have tried is the Century CCC which is available in low or normal diameter.I have only tried the normal one but I have read great reports about both rods.They are very user friendly and look great as well.Hope this is of some help.
You can't fall off the floor! drunk.gif

Needless to say, it depends what you want to spend????

These are excellent for the money ......

http://www.anyfishanywhere.com/

B)

Thanks everyone for your help. I will check a few of these out - any idea when the next big angling show is on?

I have also been told to look at the Daiwa STS13M, anyone got one?

As I said at the beginning, THANKS

GOFISHINGSHOW - March 14 - 16th Birmingham NEC.

Rather biased toward coarse, but sea section gets bigger each year.

See SEA ANGLER for special offers ...

B)

Thanks everyone for your help. I will check a few of these out - any idea when the next big angling show is on?

I have also been told to look at the Daiwa STS13M, anyone got one?

As I said at the beginning, THANKS

Hi Hailwood.

I have the STS13MP rods a very good all round fishing rod Use mine all along the south coast from Chesil to Selsey. Nice casting action do have a larger butt than some rod`s about 27.5/28mm but that suits me.

Have looked at the CCC rod look`s a very nice rod, but as yet not seen any reports .

Alistair.

Edited by Ali W

As stated it depends on what you want to spend, I am waiting for delivery of my Cono-Flex Foo Fighter custom built rod, blank 15' 6" weighs in at 12ozs :)

Rung for multi mine but can be rung for the egg beaters, cast a max 4oz lead plus bait etc but don't be put off by this it will go out of sight very easily with this rod. Couple excellent casting to superb bite detection and light enough for an old fart like me to hold without effort, it is an absolute bargain at £200 delivered. :D

{2008 Editor's Note: to view Beachcasters for sale, please click here}

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist