Hello all

Stretpegger

Have decided to join after a few months of looking in from the outside.I used to post on the old RMC forum but left several years ago.

Glad to be back in angling cyberspace as it were,tight lines to everyone

Have decided to join after a few months of looking in from the outside.I used to post on the old RMC forum but left several years ago.

Glad to be back in angling cyberspace as it were,tight lines to everyone

Welcome Stretpegger - like the name! Whereabouts do you fish?

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Hello Chris

I mainly fish on the Kennet,Thames & Loddon and the pits and lakes close to my home in Berkshire.First and foremost a coarse fisherman but i make frequent trips to the coast in summer to tackle sea fish with my freshwater gear,great fun.

Welcome to AnglersNet.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hello Chris

I mainly fish on the Kennet,Thames & Loddon and the pits and lakes close to my home in Berkshire.First and foremost a coarse fisherman but i make frequent trips to the coast in summer to tackle sea fish with my freshwater gear,great fun.

Must be near me then! What clubs/books do you fish? I now fish Newbury, Thatcham & Cemex (Yateley) books. Had a R&DAA book for 30 years but gave it up 3/4 years ago...

C.

Almost the same club books as me your not my long lost brother are you? lol

Member of Newbury AA Thatcham AA & Farnham AS,

I just about gave up fishing about 5 years ago due to a back injury,i returned to the sport early last year.I rejoined the newbury club after a long absence,next day i joined thatcham{must have been feeling flush!!}.Farnham i joined only recently persuaded by a work friend who is a long time member.

Probulary overkill having that amount of water to go at but what the hell its only money.As i said in my initial post i was looking at this site for a while before deciding to join.Have signed up for another site but after a few posts decided it wasnt for me.

Newt

Thanks for the welcome,19,000 something posts thats some going mate.

Member of Newbury AA Thatcham AA & Farnham AS,

Give me a shout if you want a heads up on any NAA or TAA (river) sections. Bin an NAA member for over 25 years and know most of their waters pretty well - especially the river bits. I only joined TAA about 5 years ago - mainly to fish Rainsford, Padworth Park and their canal fishing - which I now know pretty well....

C.

Thanks Chris,might be picking your brains on Speen Moors as i couldnt get to grips with it at all.Spent most of my river trips at Colthrop last season,did reasonably well culminating in a new PB Chub.

Thanks Chris,might be picking your brains on Speen Moors as i couldnt get to grips with it at all.Spent most of my river trips at Colthrop last season,did reasonably well culminating in a new PB Chub.

How big was the chub? All my biggest chub have come from Speen Moors - including my PB of 6lb 5oz. SM has also thrown up a fair few decent perch for me to 3lb 8oz - though my PB is currently an ounce heavier from the canal. Also done some good dace from Speen. I keep hearing stories of good roach coming out but I have never located them.... I like Speen - a lot - rarely see another angler on it as well!

C.

Hello Chris

The Chub was 6lb1oz,came from the natural river.I gave up on the backwater after the first few initial trips too many Carp!

I was ater Barbel but the Carp would totally trash my carefully prepared swim.The natural river at Colthrop by comparison seems to get little attention,an added bonus is being so shallow you can see the fish a rare treat on the Kennet now.

I might have to revise my opinion of Speen now in the light of your comments.I certainly did not encounter any Chub on my visits.Perch yes and a few Brownies also some run of the mill Roach.Agree with you re the lack of anglers,dont think i have ever seen more than 3 anglers there at any one time bliss!