bogus email...abby bank customers

deanbmw

Unauthorized Transactions on your Internet Banking

Dear Valued Customer,

Our utmost concern is the security of our online banking users. In this effect,

we do proper verification on all transactions done on our secured online banking servers.

Several attempts to log on to your account were detected on our secured servers and as a matter of our improved online banking security measures, We have decided to temporarily suspend your online banking access.

You will not be able to access your online account unless you re-activate your online access but in order to do so, you will have to confirm your details by Logging on to your account to complete the verification process set out for you before we can retrieve your online access.

Please, Log on through our secure reference: Click Here

We are indeed sorry for the inconveniencies we have caused you, but also remember that as a Abbey Bank customer, your security remains our greatest priority.

Sincerely,

David Thorburn

Security Department

Abbey Internet Banking

© Copyright 2007, abbey Bank. All rights reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.

Ybonline Email ID # 1009

SHAME I DONT BANK WITH THEM...SO BEWARE

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

Dear Valued Customer,

That alone screams that the email is a phishing scam. They will address you by name as will pretty much any legit organization sending a similar warning.

Even eBay & Paypal will use your name and eBay includes your ID as well.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 11 months later...

Getting quite a few of these still, as are many others, it would seem.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

if you look at your spam folder (its always worth a browse through i have found emails that certainly were not spam) on your mail server you will see "banks" from all over the world are after the stupid or gullible :rolleyes:

i just wonder how the rest know i have a tiny flaccid member :D

slow day today in spam circles

just american express and jp morgan amongst the "meds" and watches

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 11 months later...

There was a thing on the news this morning about the 'online money mules' i.e. the ones that ask you to launder money.

They seem to think that the money has come from crime. I was always of the impression that it didn't actually exist. If it does, I might start reply to the Sgt. in Iraq / daughter of President Um Bongo, etc. :D

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

That's not strange, Rob. They're sent to billions of addresses on the offchance somebody does bank with whatever bank they're pretending to be from :)

they also get information if your mail program sends a return receipt ,this shows its a viable working email address

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson