Anglers' Net Centrepin

Elton

I saw the 'almost ready' Anglers' Net centrepin today and, boy, does it look good!

There are a few 'tweaks' to be made and then, hopefully, it will be in 'production' in a few week's time, so I'll have some photos and more details.

For those of you who are thinking, "What the flip is he on about?", this reel is the brainchild of a forum member and has had input along the way from quite a few 'pin-using forum members. It is being made by his own company, who already make components for well known fishing tackle companies (including centrepins) AND is being completely made in the UK.

It will be the first time that any piece of tackle has had the Anglers' Net name on it and, to be honest, it wouldn't have happened if I'd have had to go out and commission it all myself. We were working it out today and, had this been a customer job, we're already talking a few grand on R&D to get to this stage.

Most people interested will want to know price, but we honestly don't know for sure yet. It won't be as cheap as some of the foreign imports but, for sure, it won't be astronomical either. We need to make sure it's economically worth doing, though, as it's something that could lead to other things in the future, hopefully.

Anyway, watch this space. :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good luck to all those concerned. Will they be available in pink? A pink pin is a potential best seller for our girly members. As for us blokes it has to be camo, yawn!! P.S., I am interested.

Edited by Peter Waller

Actually, we did discuss anodised coloured versions, so you may get your pink one yet, Peter :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton - may this be the first of many items proudly sporting the AN logo.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Cheers Mat - looks like I completely missed that tread 1st time around - 'spose it's too late for 'my ideal'... :rolleyes:

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Can't wait to see the pin, I am looking to buy a new one but will hold off till I hear what its like.

Hope it has a spare spool facility so I can use it for roach as well as Barbel without having to use different c/pins.

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)