Anglers' Net Centrepin

Elton

Elton and myself have not yet decided on a price,

Having seen my bank account recently, each reel will be £1000.

And available in multiples of 100 only.

Sorted.

When are we making a rod?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They look really good, I can't wait for the fish in, oh and 2 spools please, I have to keep throwing line away as I only have one spool on mine. As it's my birthday in March I will just have to treat myself to a new reel ;):D:D

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Just caught up with this after missing the initial thread.Looks good but as a non handle user I express the same concerns as Leon.

Hi Budgie/Leon, I didn't think I'd be able to please everyone, I doubt that'll be possible, but I do have a spool without the spokes that you can try at the fish-in.

Out of curiosity, how many people out there take the handles off. If there's a demand I'll also make some extra spools without the spokes.

Out of curiosity, how many people out there take the handles off. If there's a demand I'll also make some extra spools without the spokes.

Hi Jiquoti,

What's needed perhaps is some holes big enough to get your finger-tip into that can be used to wind the reel.

The problem with conventional handles is that often the line will often get caught, or start winding around the handles instead of the spool, when batting the side of the reel, especially when it's a bit windy and you are not using a line guard.

But even with the handles removed, you still need to be able to wind in line.

Usually there are holes in the spool plate, or spokes (ie spokes on the outside of the spool, not inside as with the Anglersnet reel).

Unfortunately with the Okuma, if the finger is inserted too far, you can draw blood when it catches against the drag mechanism inside.

I don't know of any centrepins that have a special 'recess handle' (ie a sealed comfortably shaped 'hole' where the force of the finger-tip is spread over a wider area than just the narrow depth of the plate) especially for finger winding.

(Perhaps welding in some thimbles would do the trick!)

That would be a unique selling point!

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Jiquoti ,i usually have the handles removed ,but with your design as is ,not possble.to have removeable handles and fnger holes in the spare /alternate spool is a brilliant idea ,i done one of my scribblings as its easier than tryng to describe my ideas.

post-5331-1202730387_thumb.jpg

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

I would have thought that instead of making a different spool, it would be possible to adapt what's already there.

Instead of fixing handles, just use the same positions to fix a 'bar' or something similar to use for winding with the finger.

This would save messing about, drilling extra holes or welding which would distort the spool, and cause more work.

Personally I prefer having handles, as long as they are the right shape. I've never had a problem with line wrapping round them. In fact I purposely 'lock' the line around the handles if moving swims.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I would have thought that instead of making a different spool, it would be possible to adapt what's already there.

Instead of fixing handles, just use the same positions to fix a 'bar' or something similar to use for winding with the finger.

This would save messing about, drilling extra holes or welding which would distort the spool, and cause more work.

Personally I prefer having handles, as long as they are the right shape. I've never had a problem with line wrapping round them. In fact I purposely 'lock' the line around the handles if moving swims.

John.

Hi Gozzer, that's what I'm hoping to do, and the idea I'm working on is similar to what you have suggested.

Chavender, I have pm'd you a drawing, let me know what you think.

Andy

Hi Gozzer, that's what I'm hoping to do, and the idea I'm working on is similar to what you have suggested.

Chavender, I have pm'd you a drawing, let me know what you think.

Andy

You know what they say, Andy. "Great minds think a like". :D

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John