Anglers' Net Centrepin

Elton

Can someone explain to me what is it that people are talking about fetishes. The CP has been around for a good number of years, and if someone is comfortable using it (even prefering it to a fixed spool reel!) why shouldn't they? It's not a fetish, it's what you are used to!

It is as seat172 said, It does not matter how many you have, you still want more and that does not just apply to centrepins. I also have a fetish for all other types of reels particularly ABU Cardinals, Multipliers, closed face 500 series and earlier Shimano Biomasters and Seaspin Baitrunners. Rods are also desirable such as the Daiwa amorphous whisker series, the original Shimano Diaflashes and also several of the Harrison range. What is perhaps strange is that over the years I have used and disposed of many of the aforementioned items but now I have disposed of the majority of my more modern tackle and reaquired the older tackle. Life is short, enjoy it while you can.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As you 'gentlemen' are aware ladies first so :P By the way Elton I do NOT want pink but blue would be nice and I will make you 2 bacon butties ;)

Good luck with the production, will they be ready for the Itchen fish in?

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Anglers net 'pin eh? Hopefully, if it's been field tested at a Grayling fish-in, it'll work well in the very cold, very wet, will float when it falls off the rod, and will hold loads of line so you can trot down into someone else's swim!

I've no excuse for not getting one!

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

Dunk,

It's even been designed to cadge hooks off fellow anglers ;)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• 2 weeks later...
Any updaete on time scale. I am getting close to taking the plunge and order a Chris Lythe if I can make my mind up which one.

Hi tinca,

oops that was supposed to be a PM

Edited by Jigotai

• 2 weeks later...

As some of you already know I am making these reels for AN. I have not posted too much about them myself due too the fact that I already make reel parts for somebody else and did not want to lose this work. I have now spoken to them and all is ok.

The first reel was finished in time for Timsbury last year and with the weather we had, was certainly put through the mill. It performed well and even caught some fish.

Since then I have been making ten more. These will be ready for the Itchen fish-in and some of you have kindly offered to test them. Any feed back will then be used to improve the next batch I make, which will then be sold through AN.

The reel is 4 ½“ diameter and runs on two st/steel miniature bearings. The back plate and spool are made from machined aluminium then anodised black (or blue ;) Lyn). The ratchet mechanism is polished st/steel and the foot is made from polished brass and chrome plated. And as you can see from the photo’s the handles are wooden.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

A lot of you have also mentioned spare and wide spools so I will be making these available too.

The reel has no drag at the moment but after looking at some interesting sketches pm’d to me by Chavender, I now have an idea rattling around inside my head (must put it down on paper soon) that I am hoping to make as an option on later models. I will also be making a line guard as an option.

Elton and myself have not yet decided on a price, but as Elton said earlier in this thread it's not going to cost too much. you will probably get two of these for the price of one of the more expensive reels.

Edited by Jigotai