Pub landlord gives 2 fingers to the smoking ban

mr motorola

Do you agree with the new ban?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Smoking or Non-smoking? If the pubs / clubs and bingo hall managers had the choice of Smoking or Non-Smoking for their estasblishment , what would the majority vote be?

• Smoking allowed
    • No Smoking allowed

Nick - No-one forces drug ADDICTS Whether it be Heroin, Cocaine or whatever, to use them but they still use them don't they? That is just the point! Cigarette smoking IS addictive - ask any one of these 'experts'

So a throwaway line like "no-one is being sent outside" is utter nonsense and you know it!

Look at what the government is doing to try and HELP those who wish to stop smoking!

Why don't the non-smokers see that fact?

Yes it is "a simple truth" but made harder by the holier-than-thou attitude taken more by "born again" non-smokers and non-smokers alike!

It is still a choice.

No-one has to go to the pub.

Anyone that goes to a pub does not have to go outside and smoke.

And now no-one that visits a pub is forced to inhale cigarette smoke either.

And holier than thou disabled people that try and equate smoking and disability are beyond belief. I do not know anyone with a disability that would not give it up tomorrow, no matter how difficult, or how much will power is required.

I really cannot see why you have nailed your colours so firmly to the smoking mast. If anything smokers are lining up to themselves become disabled, and therefore they will be a member of a true minority very soon. A minority that I truly do empathise with, and would help in any way I could.

But smokers...

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. You claimed I said that a white paper was a done deal. Where?

Here: Todays government put forward a paper which pleased both the smokers and the non-smokers by having separate establishments for both! DONE DEAL!!!

2. You claimed I said there were "hordes of informants waiting on street corners to dob in innocent smokers. Where?

Here: You have people at every corner doing their best to "shop" the smoker who, unintentionaly, walks into (and right out of again!) a building while having a burning cigarette in their hand!!

3. You claimed that I invent "overheard Protests" from none smokers??? :blink::blink: Totally untrue

You first posted these: Here's a question for ALL non-smokers - what happens in the SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the non-smokers wanting to go outside and take their families with them! What happens to the smoking ban then? THEY ARE LEGALLY WHERE THE NON-SMOKERS WANTED THEM TO BE!!!!

I wonder if he will be one of the first to complain when the Summer comes and they want a 'smoke- free' outside to take his family to!

personally am pessimistic about Summer - the non-smokers are not going to go and sit outside on the benches. They will complain that they cannot enjoy a good out because the smokers are taking up THEIR spaces.

I wonder what you are going to do in the Summer when the smokers are all outside, enjoying the summer sun, AND THEIR FAGS!!!

And then, as if by magic, the next time you go to the pub you 'hear' this: There were people there complaining about the fact that they "couldn't sit outside" because all the smokers "had moved a few feet to smoke and were taking up THEIR seats out side the pub!

What an amazing coincidence. Exept it wasn't, was it? :rolleyes:

You claim I ACCUSED non-smokers of condoning the deaths of smokers! What I did was give you a worst case scenario of what COULD happen, so. UNTRUE

So? Wordbender, the fact is that whether you like it or not, that scenario WILL happen if things are left as they are!! So you are, in fact, condoning that happening

Now let's have the truth!

You just got it - in your own words, and there were plenty more, just as bonkers, I could have quoted, Kleinboet. Now, rant away all you like, with as many capitals and screamers as you think you need, but the fact is, you do talk an awful lot of nonsense.

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Wordbender, I APOLOGISE!!! If you are so adamant that there is nothing wrong with what you are doing to the smokers and taking (most of) my words completely out of context (as you have said of me on numerous occasions)

The remark about the family complaining that they couldn't go outside took place at the HATHERLEY pub in Cheltenham. It is a pity that I didn't have a recorder with me, but I suppose that then I would have been accused of "doctoring" the tape!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Wordbender, I APOLOGISE!!! If you are so adamant that there is nothing wrong with what you are doing to the smokers and taking (most of) my words completely out of context (as you have said of me on numerous occasions)

The remark about the family complaining that they couldn't go outside took place at the HATHERLEY pub in Cheltenham. It is a pity that I didn't have a recorder with me, but I suppose that then I would have been accused of "doctoring" the tape!

As far as I am aware Wordbender, despite being a most accomplished word smith can take no credit for doing anything to the smokers.

My understanding of the whole situation is that Parliament passed a law banning smoking in public enclosed spaces.

That would be the democratically elected Parliament with a free vote for all MP's :D

Oh, by the way, did you make any progress with a form of words that would work as legislaton to allow the smoking/non-smoking situation you wish to see?

Edited by nick

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Apology accepted, Kleinboet, although as we both know there was nothing out of context, and I could have quoted more.

I'm not 'doing' anything to smokers. I'm happy that I can go places and not be affected by a habit most of them don't even want, but I'm not doing anything to them. I don't hate them, either, as you have stated. Hatred is a hideous, destructive emotion and one I do my very best to avoid.

As for your 'overheard conversation', well let's just agree to disagree, eh? You have to admit though, it was one hell of a coincidence.

Regards.

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

There is one undeniable fact, that this thread has brought out of the shadows and into the arena, and that is the different opinions from posters who , reflecting over the years of the said members posts , you may think would have a completely opposite view of smoking to what they actually have.

In the words of Wordbender , i guess both sides will have to agree to disagree :)

There have been some fantastic arguments from either end of the debate spectrum with some pragmatic responses from many.

I for one are subject to interrogation by the forum police :busted_cop: , so are many others , but it is what it is , a debate with (imo) no real need to get hot and flustered about, especially when there are more important things in life than arguing......for a start FISHING!!

Now , is it time to bury the hatchet with this thread and move on? and ask Elton or a mod to close the thread down and who knows, open up a hall of fame for such threads which deserve a pride of place , to which i'm sure you'd all agree that this thread surely belongs,,top dead centre of the mantlepiece. :) :)

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

I think it has set some sort of forum record for remaining reasonable civil with a 'hot topic' under discussion.

Putting it to a well deserved rest now.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President