Weather

Leon Roskilly

the rolled up trousers were my first clue as to their origin........followed by a copy of the SUN lying next to one of them.

perhaps to fabricate a nelson type protective headgear later

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps to fabricate a nelson type protective headgear later

LOL i did actually see some brits at the weekend with newspaper hats!!

they were of a higher social group though...they were made out of the express by the look of it.

LOL i did actually see some brits at the weekend with newspaper hats!!

they were of a higher social group though...they were made out of the express by the look of it.

Must have had big heads :D:lol::lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Peggy's had to go up to London to babysit our grand-daughter as her other grandmother has shingles. It looked as though she'll have to have made a detour as the main A20 in our village (Sellindge) was blocked both ways by a fallen tree.

A number of roads (including the A28 in Ashford) are flooded but the motorways are open.

She's delayed her departure to avoid the worst of the wind (gusts up to 70mph) and the heaviest of the rain. Her car doesn't like sidewinds so I insisted she took my Volvo Cross Country.

More rain is forecast for Thursday and Friday and that'll be the critical time, but high pressure is expected to move in next week.

Thankfully the autumn and winter has been quite a bit drier than average here so far. However the problem is that the groundwater in September was at its highest level for many a year, and so any heavy rainfall causes flooding.

I posted then that I was worried about my lakes overflowing and so bought materials well in time to take some action to prevent fish losses. Terry, bless him, is going over tomorrow and staying for a few days to put up flood barriers if needed.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

bit naughty here now just back from the bailiffs meeting ,trouble is the slower you go on a 90 the dimmer the lights the dimmer the lights the slower you go ,some late seen pretty deep puddles were interesting through rain soaked visor and glasses :D

must invest in some waterproofs one day although i don't mind rain ,gently steaming now

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I posted then that I was worried about my lakes overflowing and so bought materials well in time to take some action to prevent fish losses. Terry, bless him, is going over tomorrow and staying for a few days to put up flood barriers if needed.

Well done, that man. Please tell him he has the thanks of all AN folk who have been to Wingham, plan to go to Wingham, or like the Burkes. That should include at least 5000 of the 13000+ who've joined the forum over the years.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/HOME/

As Storm Jette pushes out in to the North Sea, behind him, he leaves over 30mm of rainfall across many Central and Western areas and sets the scene for the next system already careering in from the Atlantic.

Next up is Storm Karin which will make landfall on Thursday. At present, any rainfall forecast is a worrying thing. Rivers are swollen and the ground is saturated. In short, 10mm of rainfall now equates to 10mm which ends up in the rivers and not absorbed by the ground.

The next threat is Storm Louisa which arrives on Friday. This moisture laden system will deliver another 20-30mm, mainly across Northern England. Louisa is also expected to deepen to around 965mb across Central Scotland with severe gales for Southern Scotland and Northern England.

Louisa also looks a distinct threat to many Central areas into the weekend. The reason, is that her trailing cold front will linger across (we think, at the moment) Central areas. If this happens, then what we call a quasi-stationary front will develop.

These features act like a conveyor belt for rainfall and in theory, if this happens then the Midlands and Northern England can expect up to 75mm of rainfall by Sunday. Even we don't need to tell you how serious the situation would be if that happened.

Not Good :(

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Lovely and sunny here today. Might get the BBQ out.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Bin a wet month - however it puts last July's storm into context - West Berks has still had less rain this month (97.0mm) than fell in 4 hours on July 20th '07 (97.3mm)!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog