Setting Up An Ecommerce Site

glennk

That Glenn is called CATCH 22!!! MOST wholesalers will NOT give a doo daa as long as they are selling goods. And if you SAY you have a shop, how many are going to call?? And if they DO call see them at home and tell them you are STILL in the process!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is true Chris, but how is one supposed to make a start without any stock ? At least this lady had the decency to speak to me, some of them say they will phone back then never do. :rolleyes:

I have high enough placing on some product keywords to be able to sell various items. But I cant flaming get hold of them :lol:

Edited by glennk

What sort of stuff do you want to stock, Glenn?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I dont want a lot of seperate stuff Elton, I have a supplier for some stock but the one thing Im stuck on and I think it would be my best money spinner (with the upcoming festival in mind) is Storm Shads. I spoke to the suppliers yesterday but they wont deal with me.

I do have a couple of very kind offers of assistance but with petrol money and thier commission I will probably be unable to compete.

It may be worth you forming some kind of alliance with a tackleshop. It would be a foot in the door.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

There are different ways of setting the postage model. I do it that way because I'm lazy, but you can set weights and stuff.

Your gonna wish you never told me about this Elton :D:lol:

Ive got a problem. I'm just messing about with it at present and have put two items on. But on the homepage it shows them at the wrong price. When I check the items again they are definately priced right. Ive posted to the cube cart forum but just wondered if you had encounterde anything similar when setting up ?

Also - can you add that seo url mod after you set up ??

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/whitby-tackle-supplies/

Check the Tax settings for those products.

As I'm no longer VAT registered, I just set it to Zero and don't show any tax.

And yes, you can add the SEO mod afterwards. That's what I did :)