US Presidental Election - who do you like?

Newt

Vagabond - indeed you would be classed as a redneck.

I like Fred and he would have come up first for me except for the restricted choices on treatment of illegals. His view as used for this survey is slightly more harsh than mine or than what I think is really his but they used the most sweeping and herculean choice for him.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

This poll/quiz may be of interest to some you since you give your opinions on some major issues and it will rate the canidates according to how much or how little you agree with their positions on some of the major issues we face.

Your results may surprise you by ranking much higher or much lower than you would have expected.

You will need a US zip code so feel free to use mine 28025 (North Carolina) that will place you in a somewhat conservative section of the US or 92110 (California) that will locate you in a more liberal and more "illegal immigrant" impacted area.

http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460

hilary clinton.good post newt we coud do with something over here like that

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Well for me all three had the same score, Barack Obama, Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton. But I suppose US politicians are the same Politicians anywhere, they'll promise the earth to get themselves elected. Then they blatantly renague on every issue, just look at the Labour government in Britain

Edited by Manxman

Manxman - while I completely agree that most (all?) politicians are panderers and their campaign promises are not to be trusted, this survey/poll/whatever is based on the candidates past voting history on the sorts of issues in the questions.

"What they did" is at least a bit more likely to reflect their stand on issues more than "What I will do".

In case you don't follow such things, your picks are the three Democratic front runners so almost certainly one of them will be up for election in November. Probably Clinton or Obama and either one will be a 'first'; first woman, first black person.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Way too early to tell.

Pretty conservative and a fan of gun control, most likely.

Both useful and interesting - thanks, Newt. :thumbs:

Having answered the questions it seems that the US is rather more right wing than the UK. No wonder one of our ministers said it was hard to do business with Bush because he's so right wing.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net