Ethics?

gozzer

To me the ethics of fishing is about looking after the country side, not leaving litter, not cutting down trees, not adding to pollution, etc. its not really to do with the individual fish themselves but their habitat. We have a duty as anglers to be conservationists where ever possible. Sadly too many anglers nowerdays don't see this as thier role and selfishly leave terrible litter. :angry:

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angling will never be banned just as long as we move with the times and not hang on to some outdated methods that the politicians can have an excuse to impose bans. The people of this Island is what is Britain and for you to degrade the people as such is merely confirming what some antis already think of anglers,

Well done.

Now tell me about what so called political party you support, no dont bother I think I already know.

I'll tell you anyway. I am, or was a labour man. Now I have not got a clue. They all talk rubbish.

Angling will never be banned just as long as we move with the times and not hang on to some outdated methods that the politicians can have an excuse to impose bans. The people of this Island is what is Britain and for you to degrade the people as such is merely confirming what some antis already think of anglers,

Well done.

Now tell me about what so called political party you support, no dont bother I think I already know.

I think you all need to go outside and get some Frkin' freah air and catch some fish.

The Gas

pirate.gif

I think you all need to go outside and get some Frkin' freah air and catch some fish.

Cant all the rivers are flooded, anyway no one takes any notice of a Gas Head. Ha!!

The biggest danger to angling comes from anglers themselves ( and I have'nt read anything on the hot topic of the day) with their own narrrow minded almost tunnel vision zeal who campaign and try to rally support against parts or practices of angling that they "are not comfortable with"

Its sad to say that we are experiencing the same type of issues in the U.S. In the steelhead community pinners are a cult group that catch allot of fish. Float fishing for effective that fly fisherman cry that pinning should be illegal, we catch all the fish in a hole. Blah blah and more blah blah.

Basically we are hated on the rivers because they see a relatively new angler catching more fish then a hard working experience fly angler.

So its not only a comfortability thing but a resentment thing that we deal with. :angry:

Ditch

Ignorance is not a crime, let someone stay ignorant should be.

Rabbit - I will answer your post just to tell you that if you want to quote me, DON'T CHANGE THE QUOTE.

Where did I say "talking of tossing, I think you should look up anger management in the Cheltenham Directory!"

As regards the bearded Burbler (AKA Rex Hunt) have YOU ever seen him? Brenda remarked on it as we have been watching him on satelite television the last few days!, and I am sure that there are others that will back that statement. PLEASE DON'T TRY AND SOUND SUPERIOR WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW THE FACTS!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Rabbit - I will answer your post just to tell you that if you want to quote me, DON'T CHANGE THE QUOTE.

Where did I say "talking of tossing, I think you should look up anger management in the Cheltenham Directory!"

As regards the bearded Burbler (AKA Rex Hunt) have YOU ever seen him? Brenda remarked on it as we have been watching him on satelite television the last few days!, and I am sure that there are others that will back that statement. PLEASE DON'T TRY AND SOUND SUPERIOR WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW THE FACTS!

You said He returns them with a toss over his shoulder. I can only assume you were meaning to the fish. Sorry if thats sounds superior Just stating the facts. Yes I have seen Rex Hunt many times and his trademark is a kiss for the fish dont think he goes so far as tossing :unsure:

one thing that is very noticable to me as a "foreigner",is how all animals, fish etc are "humanised",mainly by your press,in the uk.

find any news report....a dolphin swimming into a harbour for instance, and the news report will go" Today,a dolphin,which has been named fred,swam into a harbour"

am i the only one who finds this a bit wierd?(pathetic even?)

find any news report....a dolphin swimming into a harbour for instance, and the news report will go" Today,a dolphin,which has been named fred,swam into a harbour"

Is that really any different to carp anglers giving the fish cutesy little names?

Janet ;)

Edited by Janet

one thing that is very noticable to me as a "foreigner",is how all animals, fish etc are "humanised",mainly by your press,in the uk.

Nope. It irritates me, too. Perhaps they should print these names on the side of fishfinger boxes and give us all a photo of the fish inside when it was alive and talking. :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE