wood wood

Ollie Jay

Just got back from Bournemouth to find shed loads of Timber washed up on the beaches of the Sussex.....this is the beach of worthing......mind you i expect you've seen similar pics already if you use another one of the fishing site or even on the news......

2008_0120bournemouthweekend0034.jpg

2008_0120bournemouthweekend0050.jpg

2008_0120bournemouthweekend0063.jpg

2008_0120bournemouthweekend0043.jpg

You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album

yep just a few quids worth.....think maybe the prices of timber will be going up soon....shame we cant take it from the beaches though as i see plenty of 4x2s down there and i got quite a bit of stud walling to do this week!!.....could of saved a few quid! lol

Yeah just what you need - salt and water impregnated softwood! ok for the woodburner I guess?! mind you it makes casting a bit tricky tho!!

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Yeah just what you need - salt and water impregnated softwood! ok for the woodburner I guess?! mind you it makes casting a bit tricky tho!!

Dan

I know what you mean about the salt water......would take some cleaning before it was really any good to use and for that it would need to be washed soaked and left to dry for about a year.....probably in a clamp to keep it straight......think you maybe right....probably ok for the wood burner or maybe in the garden but other then that cant really see what else you could do with it!

Still plenty down there and doesn't look like its gonna move for a while even though they got loads and loads of men shifting it about the beach.