Humminbird Matrix 47 3D fishfinder

dizzyfish

Mark - Now you have seen the SI units up close and personal, do you think it is still feasible to fit one to a yak ?

The SI transducer will not fit in the scupper hole on OK's

The transducer would have to be below the keel to get the SI working

Any solution is going to be a bit heath robinson - but that does not detract from the fact that they look like the dog's doo da's. I was speaking to a guy in the US who sent me pictures of an OK Big Game which had a 797 SI fitted on a bracket - but it did not look great.

I was just wondering with your new role if you knew if Hummingbird were planning any new mods to the SI setup particularly with reference to kayaks.

Would be interested to know your thoughts.

Follow Dizzy at http://dizzybigfish.co.uk/

Watch the vids http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyfishuk

Please subscribe if you enjoy them.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not, but I keep trying to think of ways to do it. The bracket is one option but would not really be my choice. My current thoughts as to the best way forward are to modify the transducer bracket and drill a hole in a rudder, fitting it to that so that it has a clear view to either side and can be raised and lowered. The drag shouldn't be a lot more than just with the rudder, it's be neat and also it would be out of the way. cablig would need to be set up to not snag the rudder lines and i'd be inclined to lock off the rudder in a clam cleat to keep it straight. The turning circle would be affected of course but shouldn't be an issue. Obviously you could have the rudder to be used as normal but the straighter it stays the more accurate the scanning.

I tell you what though, it's a bloody brilliant unit!

Wetter than an otter's pocket.