Rare or unusual fish that you have caught in the UK

bluerinse

What is the rarest or most unusual fish you have caught in UK Fresh Water?

Mine is a stone loach caught new years eve this year, (not very exciting, I know) in the river Arrow, or a bright red gold fish about a 1lb I caught on the River Windrush 10 years or more ago

I am sure there are plenty of you who have caught strange or unusual fish; I would love to know what they were.

Sorry if this thread has been posted before but since I have been a member I have not seen it.

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya,

Not really rare down South but I did catch a Bullhead in the river Cart in Paisley around 25 years ago, also had sone Loaches out of a local burn. I also used to fet a fair few Powan while fishing for roach on Loch Lomond

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

1. a very large goldfish from a london dock at a time when it wasn't common to catch goldfish

2. sea trout/salmon on ledgered bread crust (see pic posted on one of the perch threads)

3. another sea trout/salmon caught from the queen mother reservoir in datchet when after rainbows (long story)

Jack Pike Hunter Extraordinaire

i caught a 1lb 5oz terrapin while floating bread on the basingstoke canal near aldershot in 2002.

Rumor has it there was a terapin in the red ponds at wigan, that was years ago I never saw one and I think that might be forgotton now, there used to be a warm strech of canal too where a pet shop aparently emptied his tanks before going bust?

Anyone heard these before?