Gods image.

gozzer

I've started this thread because of something that was posted in the Coarse Fishing Forum.

Here's the post by Kleinboet that prompted it.

Do you honestly believe that we are in God's image? This is why me, as an analytical chemist, can believe as we are constantly evolving and WILL, one day, be in "his" image! If you want to further this discussion, make a new thread!

I recently posted a link to an article where it was suggested that Human evolution had gone as far as it could, physically. (I'll re post it as soon as I can find it).

The article, followed by Kleinboets comment, made me wonder what people of different beliefs, think we will look like in the future.

Any thoughts?

John.

This was what I posted in the thread.

A few thoughts on human evolution. Audio only, about 7 mins long

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsi...000/7656220.stm

Sorry, got called away from the PC, just realised that the link doesn't work.John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you should choose that passage. Do you honestly believe that we are in God's image? This is why me, as an analytical chemist, can believe as we are constantly evolving and WILL, one day, be in "his" image! If you want to further this discussion, make a new thread!

Klienie,

I thought as a Christian one would have no chioce as to believe in that very passge, is it not one of the foundations of the belief?

or is ok to put a slant on a faith if it does not compleatly sit comfortably with our own veiws? is it not this phenominum that has caused so much trouble in the world? mans interpritation of the word of God.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

I dont belive in a god as such, I think we all have a choice of which path we take.We can be good or bad, Take your choice. As far as evolution goes i think we are still evolveing i spelt that wrong i think but who cares, Maybe not physicly but mentally. One day we we have six sences that is why some people show the traits of it now. We get all these pchychics and the sort on tv etc. And how many of us think about something and then it happens, Knowing what someone else is thinking, etc Those of us that have that are just got the early signs.

My thoughts anyway. What do you think??????

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.

Come on now, let's not get silly, it's no more credible to believe God exists than to believe Harry Potter exists.
This is what gozzer and I believe too, but there are some credulous souls out there who believe.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I'm a wishy washy neither here or there sort of person when it comes down to our existence.

Neither religion or science has convinced me.

The only thing I am convinced of is despite all of the human probing for knowledge we are still no where near getting a scientific rock solid answer as to what the universe is or where it is more to the point.

Religion tries to cover this lack of knowledge with some unconvincing theories.

I understand and accept evaluation, as to where the future is going I think for this world it depends very much on us getting our act together.

A few things have happened to me and I have no scientific answer or religious answer for them, neither could disprove or prove them.

I don't think it is interpretation which causes the problem that is what makes us individuals, it is fanatical blind faith, be that in science or religion that causes the problem.

A very high proportion of society is running down their self contained tunnels neither looking right or left and this be it a religious or science tunnel is a self centered belief.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I've started this thread because of something that was posted in the Coarse Fishing Forum.

Here's the post by Kleinboet that prompted it.

I recently posted a link to an article where it was suggested that Human evolution had gone as far as it could, physically. (I'll re post it as soon as I can find it).

The article, followed by Kleinboets comment, made me wonder what people of different beliefs, think we will look like in the future.

Any thoughts?

John.

This was what I posted in the thread.

John

Was this the Steve Jones interview on the today programme.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsi...000/7656110.stm

There was a bit in the times too.

I have a few issues with his hypothesis, as do many of his peers. I meant to post some stuff at the time but I got waylaid. Steve Jones is a well respected geneticist, but this just goes to show that even the most respected of scientists can spout crap from time to time.

My first thoughts are DON'T believe all the science stories you hear on the TV or read in the papers.

I'm a wishy washy neither here or there sort of person when it comes down to our existence.

Neither religion or science has convinced me.

The only thing I am convinced of is despite all of the human probing for knowledge we are still no where near getting a scientific rock solid answer as to what the universe is or where it is more to the point.

Religion tries to cover this lack of knowledge with some unconvincing theories.

I understand and accept evaluation, as to where the future is going I think for this world it depends very much on us getting our act together.

A few things have happened to me and I have no scientific answer or religious answer for them, neither could disprove or prove them.

I don't think it is interpretation which causes the problem that is what makes us individuals, it is fanatical blind faith, be that in science or religion that causes the problem.

A very high proportion of society is running down their self contained tunnels neither looking right or left and this be it a religious or science tunnel is a self centered belief.

There is no faith, blind our otherwise in science. Science is not a thing, it is a thing men do.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

John

Was this the Steve Jones interview on the today programme.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsi...000/7656110.stm

There was a bit in the times too.

I have a few issues with his hypothesis, as do many of his peers. I meant to post some stuff at the time but I got waylaid. Steve Jones is a well respected geneticist, but this just goes to show that even the most respected of scientists can spout crap from time to time.

My first thoughts are DON'T believe all the science stories you hear on the TV or read in the papers.

There is no faith, blind our otherwise in science. Science is not a thing, it is a thing men do.

And believe in, if they did not they would not continue to explore it.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

There was a thread about Prof Steve Jones's interview a couple of weeks ago. Link.

As far as evolution goes i think we are still evolveing i spelt that wrong i think but who cares, Maybe not physicly but mentally. One day we we have six sences that is why some people show the traits of it now. We get all these pchychics and the sort on tv etc. And how many of us think about something and then it happens, Knowing what someone else is thinking, etc Those of us that have that are just got the early signs.

My thoughts anyway. What do you think??????

I think that in more than 150 years of seriously looking for any sort of hard evidence of any of the sort of "psychic" phenomina that you mention, we have found absolutely nothing that stands up to critical examination in controlled circumstances. As a result, I'm very strongly inclived to form the opinion that no such phenomina exist. Of course, I remain open minded and would change that opinion in the light of compelling evidence were it to be presented to me in a form that I could either reproduce or independantly verify.

As to sences, When you say five, I presume that you mean Sight, Hearing, Taste, Smell and Touch.

But then there's:

Thermoception .. sense of heat .. or lack of it .....

Equilibrioception .. our sense of balance ....

Nociception .. our perception of pain ....

Proprioception .. body awareness ....

and that's just for starters.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Come on now, let's not get silly, it's no more credible to believe God exists than to believe Harry Potter exists.

Well here is 'Arry', he is in a book, jus'like the god blokey.

HarryPotterL_468x456.jpg

so his existance is proven with perhaps more certainty then the 'almighty'

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"