Gods image.

gozzer

And believe in, if they did not they would not continue to explore it.
No Ken, scientists don't do the 'believe in' bit either. Their are things we know to be false (e.g we earth is not flat) and things we accept as factual like the Theory of Gravity or the Theory of Electricity, but no scientist would say that he 'believes' in gravity or electricity.

Science is a method we use to try and better understand the universe we live in.

We continue to explore, because there is much that remains still to be explored. It amazes me how many adults have this child like need for certainty. Science is not about certainty, Ken.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Ken, scientists don't do the 'believe in' bit either. Their are things we know to be false (e.g we earth is not flat) and things we accept as factual like the Theory of Gravity or the Theory of Electricity, but no scientist would say that he 'believes' in gravity or electricity.

Science is a method we use to try and better understand the universe we live in.

We continue to explore, because there is much that remains still to be explored. It amazes me how many adults have this child like need for certainty. Science is not about certainty, Ken.

Let try putting another way :D Scientist must have a belief in what they do or as intelligent beings (hopefully) they would not do it. And I am not referring to petty issues like a flat earth theory or electricity. Thinking more along the lines of little black holes. :rolleyes::D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Right, I have been listening to all these views - now let me try and explain.

There are those who believe in Darwins Theory of evolution - they are right!

There are those who believe in the Bible - They are right!

It all boils down to interpretation. God made the Heavens and Earth and all that is in it,and, on the seventh day he rested. Take the SEVEN DAYS!!! Who's days? not ours!! we are surely not vain enough to believe that!

So how long are God's days? The answer is God knows!

Darwins theory is absolutely correct - in generations (how many? I don't know!) man will be born without an appendix, without tonsils, hairless and maybe without some other unspecified organs.

We are constantly in a state of flux and will ONE DAY be in the image of God as he promised us.

Now, for all those who believe in the Big Bang Theory - They are ALSO correct!!

There was NOTHING until the big bang!! No gases, solids or liquids, so where did the material for the big bang come from?

One cannot say that these gases or liquids or solids were there before the big bang as it has always been said that there was nothing!

So I believe in GOD (call him/her/it what you like) there is SOMETHING out there that started this whole chain going!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

John

Was this the Steve Jones interview on the today programme.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsi...000/7656110.stm

There was a bit in the times too.

That's the one, thanks Cory.

It does make sense to me, that the more we 'mess' with natural selection, the less chances we have of evolving.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

There was NOTHING until the big bang!! No gases, solids or liquids, so where did the material for the big bang come from?

One cannot say that these gases or liquids or solids were there before the big bang as it has always been said that there was nothing!

So I believe in GOD (call him/her/it what you like) there is SOMETHING out there that started this whole chain going!

But that begs the age old question.

If there was nothing before "the big bang", where did God come from?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Right, I have been listening to all these views - now let me try and explain.

There are those who believe in Darwins Theory of evolution - they are right!

There are those who believe in the Bible - They are right!

It all boils down to interpretation. God made the Heavens and Earth and all that is in it,and, on the seventh day he rested. Take the SEVEN DAYS!!! Who's days? not ours!! we are surely not vain enough to believe that!

So how long are God's days? The answer is God knows!

Darwins theory is absolutely correct - in generations (how many? I don't know!) man will be born without an appendix, without tonsils, hairless and maybe without some other unspecified organs.

We are constantly in a state of flux and will ONE DAY be in the image of God as he promised us.

I can go with that one :D That has always been my question; where did it all start and in all honesty niether side has convinced me. Right we agree it started with a big bang but to have a bang you must have something to bang and that something has to be some where, it can't be no where :D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

So how long are God's days?

There is no shortage of people who believe that genesis took place in seven literal days.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.