Gods image.

gozzer

FB - God didn't tell us! This was deduced by churchgoers (I think!)

By the way, have you ever asked a tradesman for a quote and how long would it take - did you believe him when he said "Oh, about a week!" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kenl - read it through, he said that MAN has insisted that it was OUR timeframe and gave both the pros andcons!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FB - God didn't tell us! This was deduced by churchgoers (I think!)

By the way, have you ever asked a tradesman for a quote and how long would it take - did you believe him when he said "Oh, about a week!" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Asked one I was one :D

Thats a fair piont Klienie, But that then leads us to the uncomfortable realisation that we are following a plan drawn up by architects that didnt understand the specification.

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

kenl - nice balanced report, giving both sides of the argument (pity Emma2 didn't read it!)

/quote]

How do you know that I didn't? or are you claiming to be a mystic too?

KB, giving these wooly, trying to sound wise responses can only keep you off the theological hook for a while before your case collapses. You get asked reasonable questions but evade them. I'm really interested to go back to where you intoduced the variable of religion into a discussion centered around the morals and ethics of killing. So lets go back there, does your faith lead you to condem those of us who use live creatures as fishing baits, and those who eat the bodies of killed animals?

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

This seven day thing! I had the self same explanation given to me by a a devout christian as klienie gave to us

When I pionted out that why would God our creator and all knowing tell us days when he ment Thousands of millenia,knowing that we his creation use,

Seconds,Minutes, Hours,Days,weeks and so on as a way of measureing time,and would have been quite able to comprehend any time frame he gave us , my friend decided to talk about other things, she went on to be my wife and now asks god to help her regulaly :D

I am also quite comfortable with accepting that There has never ever been nothing at all,I have a dull recolection of a Physics lesson on one of the days I decided to grace school with my Presence Something about you can not destroy matter only alter the state that it exists in, sorry if thats wrong it was thirty odd years ago if you Deny that one point dont you jepodise your own belief? if you feel the need to create a 0 hour at some piont by your own beliefe the diety of your chioce didnt exist then all of a sudden did, if that is a valid statement why couldnt hydrogen for example just blink into existence. One thing about the Buddist belief system that I agree with is nothing lasts for ever even gods!

Gor damn it and I've been rubbing his tummy every time I pass him :lol:

One of the things that always amazes me is, millions of people throughout the world believe in some form of god, against that a small number of people who state there is no such thing as a god. If one were a person who likes to back stacked odds one would have to go with the majority. :rolleyes::D

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

One of the things that always amazes me is, millions of people throughout the world believe in some form of god, against that a small number of people who state there is no such thing as a god. If one were a person who likes to back stacked odds one would have to go with the majority. :rolleyes::D

For the Record folks thats Bhuddas tummy not mine :lol:

The thing is Ken its the brave few who drive forward humanity rarely the masses.

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Hi Emma - I knew from your reply that you hadn't

In answer to your question - yes and no! Try putting parameters in your questions.

Mankind were born as omnivores, meaning that we eat meat, fish AND vegetation - so seeing as to how God made us that way, who are we to change it?

If people are using livebait for food - no problem! If they do it for "fun" it is not something that I would not do myself, but I am not going to ram my beliefs down their throat.

We are in a debate here where (hopefully) people are being open with their beliefs, so I am being open. I have not ANYWHERE said that you HAVE to follow what I believe in.

What you are trying to do is find a hole in my belief (which you are welcome to try) to justify your own non-belief, something that I would find impossible to do, as far as others with other beliefs are concerned!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

If your working on going with the majority based upon percentages, then don't go with christianity, while global figures of this type are unreliable, even ambitious christian figures come up with around 33% of the world's population as members of their cult, and those figures include the millions who are 'nominal' christians with no real faith. So it would be true to say 'most people reject christianity'

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

kleinboet, are you seriously suggesting that the page that I linked to was "balanced" ?

It's the delusional rantings of a fundamentalist christian.

I'm close to giving up and I've not even started yet, Ken Ham is a nut job. This nut would have us teach our children that the earth is only 6,000 years old and that early man and dinosaurs were contemporaries as science.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

For the Record folks thats Bhuddas tummy not mine :lol:

The thing is Ken its the brave few who drive forward humanity rarely the masses.

The nearer you get to the exit point the more you think about backing the more favourable numbers and letting the rest get on with it :D:lol:

I believe I have told the story of dear old Harry Earnshaw a Christian Scientist and faith healer. To reiterate I had a bad back due to picking up a heavy object and loosing my footing. I had done all quacks and the NHS but it was still playing me up. Harry noticed my discomfort and ask if he could help, being young a gullible I agreed after half hour which was mainly a conversation to put me at ease I walked away sorted. Never had a back pain since. How did it happen?

He never pushed the Christian side of the deal in fact it was some time before I realised that as a faith healer he was in fact a Christian Scientist. He taught me the power of self hypnosis and positive thinking without connecting them to any form of religion.

If your working on going with the majority based upon percentages, then don't go with christianity, while global figures of this type are unreliable, even ambitious christian figures come up with around 33% of the world's population as members of their cult, and those figures include the millions who are 'nominal' christians with no real faith. So it would be true to say 'most people reject christianity'

Hell as if I would, no I said with the majority i.e. a general belief in a little bit of everything, it's known as hedging your bet :D:lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

So it would be true to say 'most people reject christianity'

hardly suprising an increasing number of people are rejecting religion, when we have examples of what happened here this week.

There is in sevilla, a young couple with a child (raphael)6 years old, with a rare illness,inherited from his parents.

result of this illness is that he is permanently connected to a dialysis machine.no hope for him.

his parents wanted another child,but if they had one,there was a very high possibility that the child would have the same condition.

the doctors,took sperm and eggs from both,combined them "in vitrio",and seperated the one embrio,that was without the illness.

The embrio was implanted into the mother,who had a normal pregnancy,and gave birth this week,to a healthy child.

added to that,the umbilical cord,is to be used to take cells from. the doctors assure the parents,that within 4 WEEKS,that the sick child will be off dialysis,and cured totally in a couple of years.

Everybody is over the moon........except the catholic church.They have issued a strongly worded statement,condemming the government for allowing the laws that allow this.Also condemmed the parents.And added,how will the baby feel, when it grows up,to know that his "brothers"(the damaged embros)"had to die for him".

No mention of the fact the 6 year old will be able to live a normal life.

The country is overwhelmingly in favour of the proceedure, but the "caring church"cant see it.

As their popularity falls(as people see things like this)they are getting more extremist.

Catholic church???????(the hierarchy) no time for you.