"Can we go out at the weekend" . . .

Sutton Warrior

Following on from the 'VR and lense compliment' threads. I finaly bought the Nikon D40X, Hazel got quite excited . . . :bounce: "can we go out at the weekend"? said she . . . Why not, we decided to go to Colchester in the end, the Town I work in, Hazel was due for a wander around the shops! Problem number one; the D40X refused to work . . . fortunatly I checked it out on Thursday night, so, Fiday I went back to London Camera Exchange in Colchester. To cut a long story short, it was decided to return the camera to Nikon, and the Camera Exchange loaned me a D80 body untill the the 40X is returned. A pain, but very admirable of the shop to grasp the nettle so firmly :thumbs:

Saturday morning was pleasent if very autumnal, a wander around the market was pleasent enough.

MarketrwDSC_0008.jpg

Then into the main High Street, this picture took my eye, of the Town Hall.

TownhallflagrwDSC_0018.jpg

We ended up at Colchester Castle, well worth a few hours, plenty of photo oportunities

CastlerwDSC_0024.jpg

Here is Hazel . . . 'now, what was it I'm suposet to press' :unsure: I set the camera up on full auto, and by the end of the session she had certainly got into the swing of things. Still at snap shot stage, we have looked at her photos this morning, the idea is there. A little more confidence, get closer, reframe?

HazelrwDSC_0031.jpg

Castle grounds, autumn colors

AutumCastlerwDSC_0046.jpg

A great few hours, of doing something together not involving boats and fishing! It was interesting to both be using the same camera body. Reading Ken Rockwells coments about the D80, he sugests it over exposes by 0.7 of a stop. So Hazel D80 was set at 0 'F' compensation, I put mine on -0.3, I duplicated a few of Hazels pictures, for comparison in descusion and to see if Ken was right . . . Yes he is, all Hazels pictures show just a tad of over exposure, mine, for me are about right, in my humble opinion? It will be interesting to compare the D40X/D80 when it comes back. So, an enjoyable day out together, and we still got hom intime for me to watch F1 Grand Prix qualifying :whistling:

I have vertualy abandoned my Canon compacts, with the unreliabuility they have both displayed. It has to be said, there is a pleasure and involvment in taking pictures with a DSLR that you dont experiance with a compact. I have a few pics to post on this months comp, after I have watched the F1 Grand Pix this afternoon, go Lewis :yahoo: