another dog attack

captain cojones

How the news changes overnight. :rolleyes:

The "middle aged" man becomes a 78 year old, who witnesses claim collapsed in the street.

At first the dog appeared to be trying to "revive" the man by licking and pawing at him, but as passersby approached the dog became more agitated and distressed and started to bite and maul the old man.

The dog was originally wearing a muzzle, but it became dislodged.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the news changes overnight. :rolleyes:

The "middle aged" man becomes a 78 year old, who witnesses claim collapsed in the street.

At first the dog appeared to be trying to "revive" the man by licking and pawing at him, but as passersby approached the dog became more agitated and distressed and started to bite and maul the old man.

The dog was originally wearing a muzzle, but it became dislodged.

That can't possibly be true...I mean, it said in the papers:

A man believed to be in his mid-50s died in hospital last night hours after the attack, in which the animal battered his skull against the pavement while dragging him along "like a doll".

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

According to local (London) news broadcasts during yesterday morning, some people were saying that the Man, who takes his dog for a walk at this time every day, had collapsed & the dog was trying to revive/drag the man home.

The attack was reported to the police by a passing motorist who believed (not unreasonably) that the man was being attacked.

The rozzers appear to have turned up mob handed & eventually chased the dog away, it was later trapped & "destroyed"

Some local people who were interviewed on TV yesterday say that the dog was in no way trying to attack it's owner - just the opposite, in fact, it appeared to be trying to drag the man home & was protecting him against the locals, who were also trying to help.

Then plod turns up, probably in full riot gear, and a tragedy becomes a pantomime that evolves into bigger tragedy.

It now seems that the media has gone full circle with this story & the only current reports I can find state, quite categorically "DOG KILLS MAN" and that "it took 3 firemen with fire extinguishers to chase the dog away".

What's the truth? Who knows?

Barry

My point is that things like this, though tragically sad, have been going on for eternity. It's just that they get published more now and are usually followed by a knee-jerk 'ban it' reaction by this Government, which seems to do whatever the tabloid papers tells it to do.

Agreed, there is so much effort put into useless H&S legislation to protect us from something that is never going to happen and yet a potential killing machine is allowed to be housed in the same house as young children . This is where the law has a duty to protect the public and tougher legislation has to be put into place regarding the ownership of such dogs.

They do really need expert handling, and I am afraid soime of the very folk who find these dogs fashionable are intent on owning them to increase their kudos on the streets. i dont want these dogs banned but perhaps these dogs should be restricted by licence amd the owners having to undergo some sort of handling course prio'r to ownership.

Rotts were bred for guarding and are by nature aggressive to strangers,

Rotts were bred for guarding and are by nature aggressive to strangers,

The above typifies the total crap being spouted about currently as well as after the December incident. The Rottweiler was bred in Germany as a herding dog. The breed is also used in many forces worldwide as a dependable, calm and intelligent police dog.

Paul

I don't see why they don't just muzzle all dogs in public places. Would be a fairly simple process and would at least protect people (and other animals) in public places. It would also cut out the argument around which logs are by law meant to be muzzled now.

Rob.

I don't see why they don't just muzzle all dogs in public places. Would be a fairly simple process and would at least protect people (and other animals) in public places. It would also cut out the argument around which logs are by law meant to be muzzled now.

Rob.

Rob,

I was listening to a programme on BBC Radio 5 live last month about 'dangerous dogs' and what should be done about them. One of the participating guests, a lady from the Kennel Club, stated that you are statistically very much more likely to be bitten by a human than a dog. The presenter scoffed and was rude to her but soon had to back down when a stream of callers who worked in hospitals, ambulances etc backed this up.

Perhaps they should just muzzle all people in public places! It would be a fairly simple process and would at least protect people..... ;)

Paul

Rob,

I was listening to a programme on BBC Radio 5 live last month about 'dangerous dogs' and what should be done about them. One of the participating guests, a lady from the Kennel Club, stated that you are statistically very much more likely to be bitten by a human than a dog. The presenter scoffed and was rude to her but soon had to back down when a stream of callers who worked in hospitals, ambulances etc backed this up.

Perhaps they should just muzzle all people in public places! It would be a fairly simple process and would at least protect people..... ;)

You are more likely to have a person bump into you than a truck, but the outcome would be different Paul. :)

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Must say there is a different stance today on what actually happened.

Perhaps the old chap had collapsed with a heart attack, but one eye witness was quoted as saying he rushed out with a base ball bat to try and dislodge the dog. If that is true and the police turned up to see all this going on then we can hardly blame them for the outcome. A little bit like that cliff rescue deal, made an on the spot decision based on what they saw and acted accordingly.

Never did trust the media.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist