another dog attack

captain cojones

Pedigree dog owners, and Kennel Club members in particular, are half wits. I used to have a cross between a labrador and a poodle. The pedigree chums would come up to me and say what a beautiful dog he was, until they found out he was a half breed and then they'd visibly gag at the thought that they'd admired a mongrel. I sometimes told them he was an otterhound so they didn't feel so bad. Funny thing is that they now call them labradoodles and, since they are now "designer dogs", the pedigree chums will happily pay £1500 for them :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm....Impressive that you've got to meet the 1500 or so folk that are members of the KC.

KC Membership

Paul

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pedigree dog owners, and Kennel Club members in particular, are half wits. I used to have a cross between a labrador and a poodle. The pedigree chums would come up to me and say what a beautiful dog he was, until they found out he was a half breed and then they'd visibly gag at the thought that they'd admired a mongrel. I sometimes told them he was an otterhound so they didn't feel so bad. Funny thing is that they now call them labradoodles and, since they are now "designer dogs", the pedigree chums will happily pay £1500 for them :rolleyes:

You have made the common mistake of over exagerrating in your post, which does tend to spoil any point you were trying to make.

A labradoodle looks nothing like an otterhound, apart from having four legs and any "pedigree chums" would know that.

Also, if you Google labradoodle puppies, you will see that you can buy them for a third of the price you are suggesting.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Yes its sad when someone looses their life but why should it be any different to if they where ran over by a drunk at the wheel of a car? If you are in favor of banning dogs due to them being a danger to the public, then why shouldn't cars, alcohol etc be banned? Surely these are more of a danger to the public than any dog?

I am most definately NOT in favour of banning dogs. I have been brought up , as many on here have , surrounded by them and they can and do create a fantastic friend , loyal to the bitter end. My emotions are more directed to the tougher dogs , which the owner buys to bolster his 'hardness' , if you like. And must i also add , not all owners of these type of dogs should be tarred with the same brush.

It is (i feel) the person that makes the dog and not the other way round. With the right attitude , the dog will learn to obey and realise what is right and wrong. The chavs these days see it as some sort of social one-upness on their friends by owning a bigger / harder and nastier (when provoked) dog than anyone else.

It's a very weird way of looking at it but, could the owner of a dog that savages anyone leading to their death be held on a count of pre-meditated murder? Dogs are not born vicious (as far as i know anyway) and will adapt to its surrounding environment just the same as we do.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Pedigree dog owners, and Kennel Club members in particular, are half wits.

Thanks Colin, I'll make a note of that shall I?

"John S, you're a half wit!"

Well, I reckon people who make sweeping statements like that are complete pillocks.... :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

A crowed of poeple gatherd to assist some armed with Baseball bats?

Its strange that poeple talk about the menice of Dangouros Dogs but dont miss a beat when a non Baseball playing country can supply, once a call to arms is made two poeple in Twenty who can put thier hand to a Baseball Bat.

I know plenty of poeple who think its a show of Toughness to own a Big and somtimes aggressive dog.

Bad irrisponcible ownership, is the ownly cause of dog attack, With a few exeptions when a dog is injured or Ill, :angry:

Big dogs do a lot of damage when they bite,and that damage can sometimes lead to fatetality I wonder how many poeple get bitten by poorly trained yorkies and chawawas and and never file complaints owing to the limited damage of the attack?

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Rabbit, I know you got the avatars confused, but just for the record I have an Otterhound and have previously owned and worked springer spaniels, labradors and lurchers.

If you read through either the Kennel Club definitions, or Steve Batchelor's definitions of breed temperaments, you will see that most of them have "guarding" characteristics, its one of a dogs basic instincts.

Not the avatars the originator of the posts :)

The guarding trait is emphasised in some breeds more than others, and through selective breeding can be enhanced. But you know that anyway, and with the case of springers they have an instinct to work before being trained.as with lurchers and labs which is a result of selective breeding.

My point is that dogs that do have a specific guarding gene require extra understanding and handling if they are not to be a liability or a danger. Years ago dogs were bred for a specific role such as gun dogs or security and we were aware of the dogs needs and potential. Many people now do not have a clue as to what there new dog needs are be it a guarding dog' or a sporting dog, they are merely fashionable must have items.

You have made the common mistake of over exagerrating in your post, which does tend to spoil any point you were trying to make.

I know, I've been told a million times not to, but there you go

A labradoodle looks nothing like an otterhound, apart from having four legs and any "pedigree chums" would know that.

When did you see my dog? How can you possibly know what a cross breed dog looks like? Let's face it, otterhounds aren't exactly peas in a pod either.

Also, if you Google labradoodle puppies, you will see that you can buy them for a third of the price you are suggesting.

There is a breeder in Southport still asking for £1500, although the average price has fallen quite a bit from a year or two back, now that every man and his dogs are breeding them. Still, £500-£700 for a mongrel, without the piece of paper that makes a pedigree dog so much better than the poor creatures in the rescue centres, seems a lot of cash to me.

I do have some sympathies with what Colin is saying regarding the Kennel Club. Too much emphasis is put on the breed standard and not enough as to the health of the dog regarding for example its ability to breath, look at the problems the Bulldog has and other similar breeds,. Crufts is a nightmare and is a show foe egotistical breeders who have this passion to strive for perfection for their woeful dogs, sad very sad

Edited to correct key stroke error

Edited by Rabbit

A crowed of poeple gatherd to assist some armed with Baseball bats?

Its strange that poeple talk about the menice of Dangouros Dogs but dont miss a beat when a non Baseball playing country can supply, once a call to arms is made two poeple in Twenty who can put thier hand to a Baseball Bat.

I know plenty of poeple who think its a show of Toughness to own a Big and somtimes aggressive dog.

Bad irrisponcible ownership, is the ownly cause of dog attack, With a few exeptions when a dog is injured or Ill, :angry:

Big dogs do a lot of damage when they bite,and that damage can sometimes lead to fatetality I wonder how many poeple get bitten by poorly trained yorkies and chawawas and and never file complaints owing to the limited damage of the attack?

Well said..We (wifes dog honest!) have a Chihuahua (note spelling FB :P) she bites me without fail ever day, but thats what they were bred for...to nip at the feet of mexican cows apparently. If she had a big gob I would be history.

Well said..We (wifes dog honest!) have a Chihuahua (note spelling FB :P) she bites me without fail ever day, but thats what they were bred for...to nip at the feet of mexican cows apparently. If she had a big gob I would be history.

Ever day???? ;):P

Rabbit to serve :lol:

My poor spelling is legendery (sp?)

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!