AMD Phenom 9600

mr motorola

I'm having this baby installed on my puter tomorrow.

What do the tech guys think of this model?

Quad Core??? 4 processors in one????

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

The guys at ZDnet dont think much of it, although, i have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual, and if you look at the scores between it and the intel equivilent, the intel flys over it, but in the real world, are you really going to see that much difference, intel have on the other hand been weeing all over AMD for the last couple of years, so its really up to you, i havnt actually seen one in operation, but i do see a hell of alot of different CPU`s in the shop, if i had to choose and i had the money, i would probably save up a bit and go for an intel based machine, (something i have never done before).

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Thanks for the heads-up Gray-Catchpole.

Just my luck............. :thumbs:

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

After several updates required in BIOS , i finally took receipt of my 'new' machine.

Having been used to running a standard single processor since time began , all i can say in reflection is JESUS CHRAST!!!

This baby is turbo charged , compared to what i've been accustomed anyway.

With programs like Norton Security and Cyberlink Power producer running on my new machine , both of which seriously hog the cpu , this new breed barely bats an eye at them.

:thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
Mr M try installing your nero 8 now its should run now, mines running ok

I've now made the cardinal sin of installing Vista 'Ultimate' onto the machine....................

1st impressions.................bloody hard work finding out what is where.

As soon as i work out what files are 'hidden' where and get over all the safety features of Vista then i'll give it a go

Cheers.

Been watching some PC's on ebay recently to get a FEEL for the prices. BLIMEY!! I JUST missed a dual core pentium Intel running 9Mhz with a 180 HD and 1Gig of ram and all the rest for £105!!!! Delivery was very fair too at £30!! And feedback is excellent too! Shifting a couple of hundred boxes a week I reckon.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))