Blenheim Palace Lake

dancollins50

I have booked a boat with 2 friends in mid June. What advice about fishing this water could you give me. Re mooring the boat i have been advised to moor in the reeds and fish out say 3 or 4rod lengths. I thought it would be better to moor away from the reeds and fish close to them. Could any one enlighten me from their past experiences.. The target species are Tench and we will be float fishing so any advise on baits would be appreciated. Obviously we intend to take maggotts, worms ,bread , paste and corn. Tite lines Danny

Edited by dancollins50

Dan

have been there at least once a year for the last 15 years or so (am going on the 22nd June) and I have a map of the lake with depths marked on it. if you want to send me a PM I can point you at a couple of swims, baits, tips and work out how to get you the map.

Jak

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one's lifespan........

This place is on my "places to fish before I die" list.

It looks wonderful. Good ol' Capability Brown. He sure did like his lakes. The English Country houses are a fascinating subject. They didn't just come out of nowhere. There's reason behind their madness............!!!

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

I have booked a boat with 2 friends in mid June. What advice about fishing this water could you give me. Re mooring the boat i have been advised to moor in the reeds and fish out say 3 or 54rod lengths. I thought it would be better to moor away from the reeds and fish close to them. Could any one enlighten me from their past experiences.. The target species are Tench and we will be float fishing so any advise on baits would be appreciated. Obviously we intend to take maggotts, worms ,bread , paste and corn. Tite lines Danny

Hi Jak. im not sure how to send a pm so if u send me one i can reply. Thanks in advance for the incoming knowledge. Dan p.s. mayby this is a Pm please let me know

Hi Jak. im not sure how to send a pm so if u send me one i can reply. Thanks in advance for the incoming knowledge. Dan p.s. mayby this is a Pm please let me know

Dan

Got your PM and have E-Mailed you back.

I agree that everyone should fish Blenheim at least once in their life.

There's one guy who doesn't fish. Every year he hires a punt for the day, goes out in the middle of the lake, reads and sleeps.....I guess for him just to be there is a treat.

Personally, not being able to wet a line would drive me spare !!!

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one's lifespan........

Dan

There's one guy who doesn't fish. Every year he hires a punt for the day, goes out in the middle of the lake, reads and sleeps.....I guess for him just to be there is a treat.

Hi Jak just a line to thank u for the info . its been a great help. Dan

Dan

There's a "fine line" between an angler fishing from a boat and another just reading and nodding off!!!! :lol:

Blenheim is just down the road from me, I've been there a few times (not to fish) and I agree that the setting is second to none. I'd like to have a dangle there one day...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music