AVG Updating..

Norrie

Hiya, I have the free version of AVG7.5.

Now, a couple of days ago, the Windows Security Centre said that my Anti-Virus was out of date...the wee square icon was indeed Black in colour. So, I opened the test centre on AVG...updated it, went through the process, but it just comes back as Update Unsuccessful,...this has happened every time I do an update. The Update manager was also out of date, so when I checked the Scheduler, it says it wasnt due for an update till the end of March!!!! I updated it as well, that part worked OK....

BTW, When I open the AVG test centre and press for Updates, it comes back saying my AVG is totally up to date, with all the latest applications, but shows that the Anti-Virus is out of date, which it clearly is !!!

Any ideas ??, cos i'm ready to bin the whole thing and go get something else!!!! :angry:

Cheers in advance..:(

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be worth reinstalling it. My AVG updates without any trouble every day.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Might be worth reinstalling it. My AVG updates without any trouble every day.

Yep, was going to try that Elton...it has been doing an update every day no problem, till a couple of days ago. Will go and try now..:)

If I'm not back in 1/2 hour...a virus has got me ...:):)

Cheers.

Theocritis..

ive been using AVG for years now with no problems what so ever, even on vista, however, we have been testing avast antivirus, along with super anti spyware, in work, both of wich are free, working and updating on all systems, ive had both on my home machines since october, and can highly recomend both, over the last five or so months, ive seen loads of complaints/nigles with avg, im not really sure what it is, but i would bet that a nice little windows update is the culprate, but again i havnt seen any problems personally.

AVAST HERE

SUPER ANTI SPYWARE HERE

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Well, Uninstalled AVG, then reinstalled AVG...still get the message that Ant Virus database is out of date..:(, but when I try to update, and icon tells me its fully up to date.

AND, Windows is still telling me its not !!! ..

Any thoughts on free anti virus software...:)

Theocritis..

Any thoughts on free anti virus software...:)

Hi Norry

LOOK UP :rolleyes::)

as a just in case, have you checked that your date on the pc is correct, sounds simple, but avg(anything really) wont update, if your PC date is incorrect ie set to a date before the latest update

Edited by Gray-Catchpole

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

I'm not a techie but i have the same and touch wood no problems with it. I set it to do a daily scan at eleven at night so it don't interfere with me when i'm online, it does update automaticly but again if i'm on the computer, i check for any updates before eleven in the evening so it will scan with the latest download. Happy with it at the mo. :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hi Norry

LOOK UP :rolleyes:

as a just in case, have you checked that your date on the pc is correct, sounds simple, but avg(anything really) wont update, if your PC date is incorrect ie set to a date before the latest update

Hiya, As Victor said..."I dont belieeeeeve it ".....:) My date was set incorrect, found that out all by myself, :D but it still didnt help any...as you say, I think its a Windows update thats doing it.....so, uploaded Avast...it found 3 Trojans that AVG didnt know about...:(

Actually Windows says Avast is not up to date either...so, closed the Windows icon down..:):) and have left Avast to do its job..:), at least it says its fully up to date...unlike AVG..:):)

Thanks for the replies guys, I really do appreciate them..:)

Theocritis..

It SAYS it has found 3 Trojans Norrie!! BUT I would be surprised if they actually exist!! More likely a different check on the parameters of the file in question I think. They all use different criteria to suss the nasties see.

BUT if you want something which IS the dogs danglies then check out Leon's recommendation!! NOD 32!! It is free to trial and cost I think £32 for the years licence. I have had NO bother with it for over a year now!

Suggest the problem with AVG is a problem with the file last downloaded try rolling back??

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

It SAYS it has found 3 Trojans Norrie!! BUT I would be surprised if they actually exist!! More likely a different check on the parameters of the file in question I think. They all use different criteria to suss the nasties see.

BUT if you want something which IS the dogs danglies then check out Leon's recommendation!! NOD 32!! It is free to trial and cost I think £32 for the years licence. I have had NO bother with it for over a year now!

Suggest the problem with AVG is a problem with the file last downloaded try rolling back??

Hi Chris, Hope you are well mate,..long time no speak..:)

I did think that as well, but when I checked the files it says they came from, they were suss.....one came from a WinRAR download, another came from a WINAVI download....AVG should have picked them up but didnt, and those files were downloaded some time ago, in fact, since the download, my PC was wayyyy slower than normal...so, after Avast found them, and dealt with them, its back to its good old self now...so, I assume that Avast was telling the truth..:)

I'm going to give Avast a while, see how it goes, then, if I'm not impressed, will have a look at NOD32. So far its looking good tho', It updated itself this morning, and I nearly fell off the chair, when the pc TOLD me it had updated itself....... :blink:

Theocritis..