Broxbourne Lake

Elton

Posted on behalf of Flud. Please add all replies to this thread:

im trying to find a lake i once fished near broxbourne it had a small man made waterfall in it and i think john wilson fished it on his tv show. can anyone help?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Posted on behalf of Flud. Please add all replies to this thread:

If it is Broxbourne on the River Lea then it could be the Old Mill site.

It is near Broxbourne station and at a point where the river Lynch meets the river Lea.

There is an old mill on the site. Here, the river Lynch drops off in into a lake from a man made waterfall which probably formed part of the old mill.

I've caught small roach and perch from within a hundred yards of the pool that the water drops into but seen someone land a huge pike in the pool itself...

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days without taking a fish. (Hemingway - The old man and the sea)

I live in Hoddesdon which is just down the road from Broxbourne and think I have a reasonable knowledge of local waters and I am afraid I have never heard of Broxbourne lake.

I do recollect seeing the John Wilson programme you mention though and I think this lake was somewhere up near Broxbourne woods even possibly in the Wormley West End area, it might even have been on a private property.

Thats probably as clear as mud but best I can do.

Could this be the place? It certainly has a 'man made waterfall' into a pool. And it is right next to Broxbourne station.

Don't know whether John Wilson ever fished there though...

See the following link:

http://www.leevalleyangling.co.uk/oldmill.htm

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days without taking a fish. (Hemingway - The old man and the sea)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Flud

I know there has not been a lot of interest in this topic and you have probably forgotten you even asked but it has been really bugging me as I think I know most of the waters in this area.

Anyway I was talking to someone today about fishing as you do and he mentioned a certain Manor Farm, Wormley and I am pretty sure thats the place you are looking for, holds some sizeable carp and also some large catfish, only about 3 or 4 swims on the lake as it is not very big.

Hope that is of some help.