EFTTA - Sea Fishing Licence

Elton

EFTTA will play a key role next week in a debate about the effects of introducing recreational sea angling licences in the UK.

Full release here:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/News/eftta_sea_licence.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope they don't influence defra too much as these guys are not actually opposed to a ban. They state that it would be ok if the monies collected would go back into the sport.

Hullo, first of all the cost of running it and all the new policemen and pensions WILL take up the tax collected, unless they make sure the tax is high enough in the first place. Then IF there is any money over what is the first priority, TOILETS, CARPARKS, SIGNAGE.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

It looks like they are just quoting the party line of NFSA. Something I believe Richard Ferre has bullied the NFSA members into accepting (but thats another issue). However I get a reel feeling the tide is turning. Judging by the responses from the tackle dealers I have spoken too lately there is complete opposition to the licence regardless of any consequences - positive or otherwise.

You may well see that quote change after the meeting.

Also the 2 Million mentioned by Paul Kilpatrick is a very old figure as the Study the stats came from is now over 10 years old. It is estimated that that figure could now have almost doubled. Whitby was voted number 1 UK Holiday destination by large parts of the national press and tourist industry last year. It would be sad if part of what makes the town so special is wiped out overnight.

Did I miss something?

Dear member of the tackle trade

The Marine Bill, currently being formulated by the Government has the potential to seriously impact on YOUR business. Left as it is currently envisaged, its impact on the UK tackle trade could have effects not unlike those experienced by the Portuguese tackle trade when their government imposed restrictions and licenses on sea anglers.

Sea angling has already been seriously damaged by fisheries mismanagement, a recent T&G survey showed a 30 per cent reduction in retail sales in real term’s over the last five years. If the Marine Bill is allowed to become the Marine Act, un-contested by the trade, it will be too late, the time to act is now

The ATA will need to formulate a response to government if we are to head off a serious reduction in sea angling participation and therefore tackle sales, in Portugal this figure was 60 per cent, that would mean a drop of £60 million in retail sales, can we afford such a fall? .

There is no reason to suppose that UK sea anglers, confronted with a sea angling license, bag limits and no go areas would respond any differently to Portuguese sea anglers when the same was imposed on them.

Do not make the mistake of thinking that a sea angling license would place sea anglers in line with coarse and game anglers, both of these groups enjoy great benefits from their licenses, more and bigger fish. No such benefit is proposed in the Marine Bill.

It is the Angling Trades Association's intention to hold an open forum about the problems relating to sea fishing where further information on the serious potential effects can be provided to you. We can then formulate a strong and united response to the Marine Bill from the industry.

The meeting is to be held at the ATA’s at Stoneleigh Park in Warwickshire offices on Wednesday 6th February commencing at 11.00.

If you sell any item of sea fishing equipment I urge you to attend.

The meeting is open to suppliers, retailers, press and any other interested parties whether they be ATA members or not.

If you know of any other people that might be interested please pass on this e-mail.

I urge you all to attend. If you can make it please e-mail me back your confirmation and the name(s) of the delegates from your company likely to attend.

Lunch will be provided.

One I know all the details I shall forward an agenda for the day.

Sean O’Driscoll

Chairman

Angling Trades Association

sean@dhpub.co.uk

Promotion – Growth

Protection

Representation

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

All change?????

Dear All

Unfortunately due to many business commitments the majority of people are unable to make the meeting planned for next week to discuss the Marine Bill and its impact on recreational sea angling.

I am going to put together an ATA response with the help of Bob Cox, Malcolm Gilbert and Bruno Broughton the ATA’s Chief Executive and Technical Director.

I will then circulate to the whole trade for your response and see where that takes us.

Hopefully we might organise another meeting later.

There are still things you can do in the meantime.

There is a petition you can sign at:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/seaanglerlisence/

To get DEFRA’s views please visit:

http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/co...ling/index.htm

Kind regards

Sean

Sean O’Driscoll

Chairman

Promotion – Growth

Protection

Representation

All change?????

Dear All

Unfortunately due to many business commitments the majority of people are unable to make the meeting planned for next week to discuss the Marine Bill and its impact on recreational sea angling.

I am going to put together an ATA response with the help of Bob Cox, Malcolm Gilbert and Bruno Broughton the ATA’s Chief Executive and Technical Director.

I will then circulate to the whole trade for your response and see where that takes us.

Hopefully we might organise another meeting later.

There are still things you can do in the meantime.

There is a petition you can sign at:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/seaanglerlisence/

To get DEFRA’s views please visit:

http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/co...ling/index.htm

Kind regards

Sean

Sean O’Driscoll

Chairman

Promotion – Growth

Protection

Representation

Laugh a minute springs to mind here. The topic was that this orginisation are to play a vital role in the sea licence issue. Next their members are too busy to attend,cancelled, so they provide a link to a petition, that has got less chance of raising an eyebrow let alone some interest. They would be better off not bothering.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

......they provide a link to a petition, that has got less chance of raising an eyebrow let alone some interest. They would be better off not bothering.
writes Barry

That, Sir, is a very negative attitude and one with which I wholeheartedly concur!

:rolleyes:

I have been asked to attend a local council meeting on tuesday to express what the disasterous implacations could be with the introduction of a sea angling licence the council are worried what the impact of sea angling licence could have on the local economy and said they would be looking to try and put some sort of pressure on the goverment to get a response from the goverment as to what the implacations could be with the introdution to see if they have done there home work other counlcils with a large volume of sea anglers are being advized to do the same i think the lion has been stured the issue is now being taken very seroiusly not just by anglers knowing this is just a tax and by haveing your freedom taken away but also buisnesses and rightly so .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

I have been asked to attend a local council meeting on tuesday to express what the disasterous implacations could be with the introduction of a sea angling licence the council are worried what the impact of sea angling licence could have on the local economy and said they would be looking to try and put some sort of pressure on the goverment

Whilst you have their attention Paul, it's also worth pointing out that availability of fish, especially good-sized fish of the species that anglers target, is also important to the Recreational Sea Angling sector.

And that needs fisheries management to be aligned to the sector's needs, as well as to the needs of the inshore commercial fishery.

Many areas once had thriving charter fleets that are now but a memory, because the fish that anglers would once pay good money to catch are no longer there.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust