Tandem kayak

musket

Hi all,

I bought a caper a while ago so that members of the family might accompany me on my trusty prowler.In all honesty it hasn't seen much use so I got to thinking maybe a tandem would be more popular.Some of the most enjoyable fishing trips last year were with my eight year old son sitting behind me (apart from when I heard him snoring!) and that has got me thinking of a Malibu XL.

I've trolled through the posts but there's nothing recent and I wondered has anyone out there used this kayak.

It would solely be for tandem use.

I look forward to any replies,

Cheers Jon.

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Hi Jon

A member (Paul) registered at the Anglersafloat forum is using the Malibu 2 XL fishing two up with success

Worth asking & searching the forum there - there are some recent rigging shots too.

Simon

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Boomphat.

That's not an option.I'm serious about taking him with me fishing and he's too young to go as far as I do.It would just be the same as with the caper.

Simon,

Thanks for the reply I've sent that chap a message,

cheers Jon.

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Boomphat.

That's not an option.I'm serious about taking him with me fishing and he's too young to go as far as I do.It would just be the same as with the caper.

Simon,

Thanks for the reply I've sent that chap a message,

cheers Jon.

Hi Jon, I had a Malibu XL, I moved it on to my brother. It is a good boat. A bit wet at times when loaded but scupper bungs would have sorted that out. He has rigged it now with hatches and flush mounts,it's a great boat for two. It's downfall is it can be a pain to paddle in any wind. I found it to quite swift on the water if you had two decent paddlers on board as well.

Neil.

Edited by Neil

Hi, I used the malibu XL last year, found it to be ok, a bit of a pain getting into the water but almost as good as my p13 when in use. Found in the freeads paper for £80, it was missing its seat but that was ok as I have two.

I would say just right for what you are planning,

terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

Hi Terry,

A voice from the past!

Hope all's well with you and family and France is still as enjoyable.

You are in a good position to comment on Malibu II's.I recall you bought a second hand one on October 13th 2005,

Cheers Jon.

Hi Jon, was it 2005, god time flies, no wonder all my hair is falling out. Thanks france is find and I have found a kayak club there that meets over the summer, But my god the red tape to get a kayak in the water, The french must have a chart of area used, lights, compass, radio, insurance 3rd party for self and kayak, cert for kayak to prove its a kayak. and this is all checked at will by the police at any time. As a brit I just take a GPS system and radio.

Anyway, yes the malibu is ok, a bit slow and takes a bit more to move along, think along the lines of a p13 but a lot more wet, I sometimes use it single and use the rear position and find it great to have the space at the front, I have kitted it out with anchor lines, and a rod/gps holder. and one of those usa seats with a kit bag.

It will work for you i am sure.

be good. terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

I'm in the same position i.e. 8 year old son and I'll need to keep him on the yak with me.

Anyone tried the Triyak..... supposedly a 3 seater so I could take one of his pals on short trips although I doubt 3 people could paddle at the same time. Also 3 seats so I could use the central one for solo paddling. Sounds good on paper but has anyone tried one?

Ian

I've sat in one in the shop, the seating positions weren't comfy for me (I'm 6'3") I don't think it would be a pleasant solo paddle. It does look good though!

Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Flame

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro Flame