Tandem kayak

musket

I'm in the same position i.e. 8 year old son and I'll need to keep him on the yak with me.

Anyone tried the Triyak..... supposedly a 3 seater so I could take one of his pals on short trips although I doubt 3 people could paddle at the same time. Also 3 seats so I could use the central one for solo paddling. Sounds good on paper but has anyone tried one?

Ian

Hi Plugger

I just thought I'd point out that both the Malibu 2 & the Malibu XL have the central paddler position with it's own footwells & anchor points so that you can move the back rest according to single or double use. The Mal 2 will take 2 adults & a little one - we developed the XL because little ones get bigger! As the children get older & you don't mind them being behind you (always frightening in my experience!) you can sit the larger person in the middle for better distribution of weight.

Arriving very shortly will be a 3 adult or 2+2 kids boat called the Morocco. You'll not have heard of it because we'll launch it at Boat, Caravan & Leisure Show (19th-24th Feb) if, fingers crossed, it arrives in time.

In some ways it will be less suitable for fitting out than the XL - we made the decks on the XL wide enough for this & to provide some flat areas for mounting whatever you wish. The only reason I mentioned it was the extra combinations available.

Sorry - I tried to send this by private mail but it wouldn't let me...I try & answer technical queries or issues on the board but I'm not a believer in enthusiasts forums being used to plug products.

Best regards

Andrew

(Johnson Outdoors UK)

Hi Plugger

I just thought I'd point out that both the Malibu 2 & the Malibu XL have the central paddler position with it's own footwells & anchor points so that you can move the back rest according to single or double use. The Mal 2 will take 2 adults & a little one - we developed the XL because little ones get bigger! As the children get older & you don't mind them being behind you (always frightening in my experience!) you can sit the larger person in the middle for better distribution of weight.

Arriving very shortly will be a 3 adult or 2+2 kids boat called the Morocco. You'll not have heard of it because we'll launch it at Boat, Caravan & Leisure Show (19th-24th Feb) if, fingers crossed, it arrives in time.

In some ways it will be less suitable for fitting out than the XL - we made the decks on the XL wide enough for this & to provide some flat areas for mounting whatever you wish. The only reason I mentioned it was the extra combinations available.

Sorry - I tried to send this by private mail but it wouldn't let me...I try & answer technical queries or issues on the board but I'm not a believer in enthusiasts forums being used to plug products.

Best regards

Andrew

(Johnson Outdoors UK)

Andrew that statement about the Morocco is like a Lure that must be taken. Tell us more PLEASE!!!!

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Andrew,

If it's an answer to an honest question, then I have no problem with it. If we started getting a lot of 'convenient' questions, we'd spot them. It happens from time to time :D

Johnson Outdoors do a range of products that anglers on here are interested in. I regularly publish your press releases, so don't be shy :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Andrew,

If it's an answer to an honest question, then I have no problem with it. If we started getting a lot of 'convenient' questions, we'd spot them. It happens from time to time :D

Johnson Outdoors do a range of products that anglers on here are interested in. I regularly publish your press releases, so don't be shy :)

Elton, thanks & it's appreciated but I wouldn't want to abuse the hospitality you show or the patience of people here who log on to chat about their passion, sport, hobby...I know I wouldn't want a bunch of commercial self-promoters muscling in so I will, gratefully, just answer where others may not be able to.

Many thanks

Andrew

Andrew that statement about the Morocco is like a Lure that must be taken. Tell us more PLEASE!!!!

not for you, Stan and Ollie is it GB? :headhurt::D

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

not for you, Stan and Ollie is it GB? :headhurt::D

More like all of us. The 3 Amigo's :D:P

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Thanks Andrew,

useful information. I should point out I wasn't prompted to ask the question by any comercial pressures.

The problem is that I'll have to take my son out, he'll get bored, I'll take him back in and then I'll have to paddle it solo (or else take my solo yak along as well) . A few people had said paddling the malibus are hard work so it seemed sensible to ask around before buying.

Ian