Okuma reel, good or not?

carphead100

Dear All,

I recently got a new reel, it was the 'Okuma interceptor pro bait feeder reel' and I got it for about £30.00.

I was just wondering whether it was worth the money and in general a good reel?? If anyone has got any response to this it would be greatly appreciated.

Dan.

I'm not really a fisherman, I just like to think I am.

If you already have it, have you fished with it?

If so, you will have a pretty good idea of the quality.

If not, since you own it you might as well try it to find out for yourself.

Okuma generally makes a very serviceable reel that is good value for the money you pay.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Dear All,

I recently got a new reel, it was the 'Okuma interceptor pro bait feeder reel' and I got it for about £30.00.

I was just wondering whether it was worth the money and in general a good reel?? If anyone has got any response to this it would be greatly appreciated.

Dan.

For 30 notes you've got a good reel and I don't think you'll be dissapointed

Thanks very much for both comments. Yes, I have already tried it for myself but was just curious about what other people think about it and whether they think it is worth the money paid.

Dan.

If it works as it should and you like it, then it was certainly worth the money to you.

If you don't like it, it was not worth the money even if I happened to think it is the finest thing since they started slicing bread before packaging it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I bought a couple of the original Interceptors 5 years ago and I liked them but did find the seat twisted a bit under pressure, I have since upgraded to Shimanos, but my Father in law is still using the interceptors and after 5 years, they still work perfectly, so you can't grumble with that for 30 quid...

They're good reels. Great value for money.

Sure, Shimanos etc are better but you can't go wrong for £30.

I bought an IBF30 for for feeder fishing and river fishing etc. Caught barbel up to 10lb on it. No complaints yet.

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

Thanks very much for your comments/replies to my ealier post. Atleast now I know that they (hopefully) should last for a good few years.

Many thanks,

Dan.

• 2 weeks later...

i use 4 Okuma Opti-Drag 50 Baitfeeder Reels

Mainly for pike and have had fish up-to 18 + lbs with no problems

as far as i am concerned they are good value for the money £69.98 for 4 inc p&p :D:D:fishing:

Edited by pumphypete

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

In general, Okuma makes a good reel for the price. On the Carp Anglers Group Forum, we've been discussing Okuma Avenger and Epixor baitfeeders, and a number of our guys have reported troubles with the baitrunner function not working properly in certain situations. I, however, have been using Avengers (the lower-end Okuma baitrunners available in the US) for three years, and have never had a bit of trouble with them, and enthusiastically recommend them to my customers who are just beginning in Carp-fishing. They're not the VERY best out there, but for the price, they're tough to beat.