Braid?

Papa Lazarou

Hi all, for the second time i have tried to put braid on my lure fishing reel and for the second time its went wrong?. When i was trying to wind it onto the reel it was winding on to the bottom of the spool in a big clump so i had to put it on by hand so it was evenly distributed?. Then first cast came the mother of all birdsnests?. After cutting the braid and tying up again the exact same thing happened after 3 casts so i gave up and went back to mono?, what am i doing wrong?,this happened last time as well?

Wanna buy some pegs dave..

Sorry for the delay, the braid is by shakespeare in 20 pound strain,i threw the empty spool in the bin so i don,t know the exact name. The reel is a daiwa emblem.Like i said it only seemed to fill up on the bottom of the spool and i had to wind it on by hand so it was evenly distrubuted?, i take it by the replies that this sort of thing is fairly uncommon with braid?

Wanna buy some pegs dave..

Despite always putting on a few foot of mono first I once had a problem with a couple of our "work" reels. I had just finnished stripping dowen and servicing all 30 odd of our Shimano 6500A's and was reloading them with braid.Most had loaded up ok (the line lay on these never that brilliant) but two had loaded up with a bias to the rear of the spool.After a lot of looking and playing around I found that during the cleaning the small shims that sat directly under the spool (not shown on exploded parts diagram) were missing.This had put the spool in a slightly low position and affected the load up.Might be worth checking your reel if you have put some mono on first and still got the problem.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Despite always putting on a few foot of mono first I once had a problem with a couple of our "work" reels. I had just finnished stripping dowen and servicing all 30 odd of our Shimano 6500A's and was reloading them with braid.Most had loaded up ok (the line lay on these never that brilliant) but two had loaded up with a bias to the rear of the spool.After a lot of looking and playing around I found that during the cleaning the small shims that sat directly under the spool (not shown on exploded parts diagram) were missing.This had put the spool in a slightly low position and affected the load up.Might be worth checking your reel if you have put some mono on first and still got the problem.

My Dawia Regal never loads up evenly.....always more line at the top of the spool than the bottom.