What Is Russia Playing At?

Elton

There have been quite a few incidents like this lately:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1305007,00.html

Why are they doing this? I can only imagine that they want one of their planes to be shot down and the world to say what a big bully the US is.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Guest Brumagem Phil

You're having a laugh surely?

What part of the WESTERN pacific is anywhere near the USA?

They came within 500 MILES of the nimitz!!! Hardly like they buzzed the tower is it? So let me get this right, you think the US should have a 500 mile radial exclusion zone around its boats in international waters?

Sorry Elton buy you're barking up the wrong tree on this one mate.

Edited by Brumagem Phil

I can only imagine that they want one of their planes to be shot down and the world to say what a big bully the US is.

They may soon get their wish unless the Japanese take care of them first.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

You're having a laugh surely?

What part of the WESTERN pacific is anywhere near the USA?

They came within 500 MILES of the nimitz!!! Hardly like they buzzed the tower is it? So let me get this right, you think the US should have a 500 mile radial exclusion zone around its boats in international waters?

Sorry Elton buy you're barking up the wrong tree on this one mate.

One of the Russian planes remained around 50 miles away, but the other buzzed the carrier twice at an altitude of 2,000ft.

That's a tad nearer than 500 miles.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

America unilaterally decided to put missile defences right in Russia's face. When Russia complained, BUSH basically said "watcha go'ne a do about it?"

This is Russias answer!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

It's just war games. Practice. It's been going on for the last 60+ years and keeps the forces and their suppliers in jobs.

Paul

Hopefully, the pending change of Government in the US will produce a President that doesn't have to cause chaos round the world, just to deflect the US populations attention from the mess he has made inside the US.

The proposed missile defence system on Russia's borders is just another example of his crass policies and complete lack of understanding of world diplomacy.

I am a great lover of the US and its people, but its current Government stinks and this is also the opinion of most of my US friends.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Paul D - How would you like it if Russia said they were going to put a "missile DEFENCE base" on the isle of Man?

Kleinboet, I was referring to the original news item. Do you ever stop to think about what you're going to post, or do you just prefer to blunder in anyway?

P.S. Just for the record, I wouldn't like it as that would mean the Russian's had invaded British Sovereign territory.

Paul

Guest Brumagem Phil
That's a tad nearer than 500 miles.

Yeah it is. It was way past silly AM (couldnt sleep) so was lazy and didnt read the whole artilcle. ;)

Thing is though as has already been said, its just normal activities and has ben goin gon for decades. Neither side even bothered talking to each other about the incident or bothered lodging a complaint. Just goes to prove what anon event it was.

Wasn't it the US who lost a P3 to China a few years back for spying too close to China? America just dont like it when someone plays em at their own game!!! They were 1000's of miles from home waters and for some other country to come and have a look at them seems ok to me.

KB also has a good point. I think having the US's missile shield in our backyard just makes US more vulnerable. Tell em to stick it is what I say!