Tonbridge Website and Waters

Woz

I'd heard all the fish had been taken out of the Ballast Pit which is a shame as it's a nice quiet water to fish.

Is that true?

Also, the website no longer seems to work so despite being a member I'm struggling to get info.

For a big club, it's frustrating.

Thanks

Hello Woz

Sorry I can't help you with your problem, but your post reminded me of this little pic ;)

bdaycard.jpg

I hope someone comes along soon to answer your questions....

Tight lines, John

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

I'd heard all the fish had been taken out of the Ballast Pit which is a shame as it's a nice quiet water to fish.

Is that true?

Also, the website no longer seems to work so despite being a member I'm struggling to get info.

For a big club, it's frustrating.

Thanks

Woz,

I have just logged on OK to the Tonbridge website - http://www.tonbridge-angling.co.uk/.

Haven't fished it recently but I can't believe they would remove all the fish from Ballast Pit as it's one of their premier waters.

Regards,

Steve C.

Woz,

I have just logged on OK to the Tonbridge website - http://www.tonbridge-angling.co.uk/.

Haven't fished it recently but I can't believe they would remove all the fish from Ballast Pit as it's one of their premier waters.

Regards,

Steve C.

Hi Steve,

I get past the first page, but on the second none of the buttons work to take you to news, waters etc.

Can you access those pages?

If so it could be my browser but I tried Firefox also.

There is a story (and I'm not sure if I've got this right) that the land inc the ballast pit had been sold and therefore the fish were netted and taken to Barden only for the club to find afterwards they could still fish the pit.

Again I'm after clarification.

Did it get netted?

If so are there still fish?

You are right it is/was a really nice place to fish.

Thanks

I have had no difficulty whatsoever in logging on to the Tonbridge website.

I am a life member of that club.

I have emailed the club asking for clarification re the origin of this rumour - I expect that either someone will respond directly to Anglers Net, or they will email me and I will post up what information I get.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I get past the first page, but on the second none of the buttons work to take you to news, waters etc.

Can you access those pages?

If so it could be my browser but I tried Firefox also.

I could access all pages. Its either your browser, or it could be someone was servicing and/or up-dating the site at the time.

RNLI Governor

Here is the text of an email I have just received from Alex Heggie, one of the Officers of Tonbridge Angling Club

Dear Dave

Utter nonsense a few large carp were moved from Ballast pit to Barden lake over a year ago with EA blessing, Ballast pit is a good Member only fishery and fishes wellyou are welcome to correct the rumour on anglers net.

Best regards, Alex.

So, just a rumour - get out there to the Ballast Pit and fish!

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

The web site is screwed in Firefox due to somehting to do with spaces in the main menu page file name (index 2.htm) and filelist.xml. It works in IE as IE handles spaces in file names better. Try viewing the menu page in IE and holding down your Control button whilst reloading/refreshing your page. That may help... unless you're on a Mac... in which case you're on your own... :-).

The web site reminds me of some lovely times I had on the Darenth, Eden and Medway in my youth.

MC

Bugger!!

I'm on a Mac!!!

Site doesn't work in Safari or Firefox!!!!!

• 3 months later...

Hi there Woz

I have just joined Tonbridge Angling Club, fished the ballast first time Sunday, few small roach and 1 bream about 3lb, guy in next swim had a couple of bream around 5lb mark plenty of fish showing. hope this has been of some use

Gaz