Neoprene chest waders

Steve Burke

the problem with dry suites are that you get very wet and cold if they do spring a leek.

when I was looking for waders I did come across some industrial ones for non-fishing uses, I'll have a google about again when I get a chance.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Used and abused a pair of Ron Thompson for 5 years now with no leaks or probs,I wear a pair of micro fleece long johns underneath to help wick away sweat as you will wearing neoprenes if you are moving about/working in them steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

the problem with dry suites are that you get very wet and cold if they do spring a leek.

Wouldn't that be the case with waders, wellies etc also "if they leak" ?

Yep Wychwood. I've got 4mm neoprene with a pocket up front and belt about the waist in case you fall in. Had them for 4 years and no problems. Mine came with felt but there was an option fo4 lug soles. First time I had them out the water was freezing in my rod rings. While I was nice and toasty.

They might be a bit warm to work in though.

http://www.troutfishing.co.uk/ishop/243/shopscr2442.html

Also have a look here.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/common/s...s&noImage=0

I just bought another set of waist high with lug soles.

Good luck in your search.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

yes, waders also leek, but are cheeper to patch than a dry suite, and many assume that they're similar to a wet suite, when actually they're opposits, wet suits use your body temp to warm up water that soaks in, hence a rip doesn't mean you have to bin it., dry suits do the opposite

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

yes, waders also leek, but are cheeper to patch than a dry suite, and many assume that they're similar to a wet suite, when actually they're opposits, wet suits use your body temp to warm up water that soaks in, hence a rip doesn't mean you have to bin it., dry suits do the opposite

Yeah I know the difference between a wet and a dry suit but I suggested a dry suit. Surely a dry suit could be mended just the same as a pair of Neoprene waders ? Just curious PD that's all m8.

Steve, it may pay you to have a word with Chris Logsden, all the MKF staff wear and work in waterproof "wetsuits"

He should be able to suggest a make that stands up to a bit of abuse :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

i was talking to chris about his dry suits only the other day and he said that they dont keep out the cold just keep you dry they have to wear several jumpers and long johns etc and then they work on the principle of 20 mins in the water and 10 mins out.

i'd suggest breathable waders with a quality thermal underlayer like sundridge sleepskin (thats what i use) . neoprene waders will keep you warm in winter but if you want to use them at other times of the year you will sweat your bits off ,were as breathable ones in the summer can be worn with just shorts underneath and they keep you nice and cool B)

Edited by BigKev

Actually Steve, I have always thought an old dirty brown mac would suit you :) :)

Just kidding :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic