'Button Boy', and a new printer . . .

Sutton Warrior

As part of my 'getting to grips with the new D80. Took this shot of a lad up the mast of his Dads yacht, Dad below on the winch, "thats high enough thanks Dad" says the boy.

ButtonBoyrwDSC_0046.jpg

Printed it out this morning, another visit to the marina, walk the dog, fiddle with boat, coffee, and give the boy a copy of his adventure.

The pointy of the post is, if like me you dont do much 'printing out', I was amazed at the quality of the 10x15cm that my new printer produced. It could have been a normal 35mm print, 250gsm gloss paper. ???? . . . . This will encourage me to print out and frame some of my favourites on A4 (10x8?) + border, should make a nice wall in my home that can change with time, the seasons and my mood?

Always been an Epson man, however I do find problems with lining if the printer is not used every couple of days. So I decided that a new 'all in one' was a need anyway; photocopy, scanning, memory cards, plus all sorts of gizmos. I purchased an 'HP Photosmart C5180'. It knocks the Epson off its perch 'big time', user friendly, super easy ink change, small foot print on desk, and the biggest factor; print quality and no need to cycle the printer every other day! forget to do this on the Epson and it can be half a dozen, ink wasting 'clean head' cycles.

Any one have any thoughts on hanging your own prints, preferences on printers????

SW

Edited by Sutton Warrior