Virgin Media Phone Wiring...

Norrie

Hiya, Got a belter for you here..:)

I had an accident with my computer desk, and my Virgin phonebox...the one that comes into the house, and connects the phone...I pulled it right off the wall !!! :huh: and now, all I have are wires, and a box with no wires...

Anyone know how to rewire it, there are 4 wires, and 3 connections,. on the outside there is a blue wire with a white flash, middle connection has nothing, other outside one, has a white one with a blue flash, left with an orange with white flash, and white with an orange flash....at the moment, all i'm getting is the engaged tone !! :(

Any help ,.very much aprpreciated....If I can get this sorted, it might save a few quid getting an engineer out ...:)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hiya, Got a belter for you here..:)

I had an accident with my computer desk, and my Virgin phonebox...the one that comes into the house, and connects the phone...I pulled it right off the wall !!! :huh: and now, all I have are wires, and a box with no wires...

Anyone know how to rewire it, there are 4 wires, and 3 connections,. on the outside there is a blue wire with a white flash, middle connection has nothing, other outside one, has a white one with a blue flash, left with an orange with white flash, and white with an orange flash....at the moment, all i'm getting is the engaged tone !! :(

Any help ,.very much aprpreciated....If I can get this sorted, it might save a few quid getting an engineer out ...:)

Hi Norrie,

From your description it sounds like you have a two pair cable coming in from outside. More than likely they used the blue-on-white and white-on-blue. A little background- Standard wiring starts with blue, then orange, then green, then brown (I could go on and on)

Anyway try the two blue wires first on pins 2 and 5. If you think I'm nuts and that doesn't work plug your phone in and listen for dialtone as you go from pin to pin using the blue-on-white and white-on-blue pairs. You need to have them both touching the pins at the same time. If the blue ones don't work try the orange pair. Polarity doesn't matter unless you have a digital phone..

I'm not familiar with the virgin box so I hope this helps. If it was initially done correctly it will be either the blue pair or the orange but not any combination of both. Sorry I hope this makes sense.

Let us know how you make out.

Edited by Jeff S

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...