Tench and Bream

basshead07

Hi all,

im just wondering weather its worth having a little fish for the tench and bream on thursday? the weather has been nice for a few weeks now and the water is a little warmer then what it was before.

im fishing a lake which is fished for carp allot of the time its not a carp lake but there is a few whackers in there. i fished this lake all spring sumer and autumn last year and im not a big fan of the rain so i tend to lay off a bit in the winter :D there is definatly lots of tench and bream in there bloody things all you catch when your fishing for carp which is why i think the method i might use is a scaled down version of the carp rig i use. but i need your opinion on what method you think i should use, what has been successful for you this time of year?

tight lines, jay

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

I usually manage to tempt a few Tench around March when the water has warmed a little more consistantly. I usually use two rods with a 4" to 5" link leger and around 18" hooklength with 4lb line and a size 8 or 10 hook with 'Active X' or similar pellets or lobworm cast out near where the Pads will be coming up from soon.

Our estate lake has a closed season from April 1st till May 31st to give the bankside vegetation a chance to recover but in June the Tench really start to get their heads down and catching them on the float is what I enjoy most.

Anyway; Good luck and tight lines

BB

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I like to float fish for Tench. If you want to you can fish on the bottom by fishing just over depth or you can use a polaris float. I think it's too early to bother fishing for Tench unless you like to just sit in the cold looking at your rod tip or staring at your float for yonk's freezin your nuts off till it's time to go home. I know you may catch one but it's much more likley in the warmer weather. My advice would be hang fire till things heat up.