My first time out since before christmas

mike1234

Since all the madness of Christmas and decorating the house i havent had the time or money to get a days fishing in since December, but hail rain or snow i am going to down to one of my local waters next week

i dont know if i should go to a small farm pool i know fishes well or if i would be better to target a larger water,

hopefully fishing my usual method of maggot/sweetcorn/bread over a few hand fulls of bread crumb and trout pellet will pay off

i think it is going to depend on the weather when you go. i fished a small pond in january during cloudy rainy conditions when night time temps were above freezing and caught roach on worm. A week later the night time temps had fallen to below freezing and day time was bright and sunny, i could not get a bite on the worm but a man fishing in the next swim was using caster small hooks and fine lines on a pole feeding small amounts very tight and he was having bites and caught a number of nice roach. It pays to plan for different weather conditions and fish accordingly on the day.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

thanks for the tips

i am only after a few roach and perch even if i dont catch it will be nice to get outside again for a days fishing anything else is a bonus

Tomorrow will be the best day to go fishing for a long time, the wind is changing tonight to a south westerly bring warm air, I am having a day on the Warwickshire Avon, water levels are perfect.

I feel a bag up day coming on.

Tight lines (try a river)

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

Tomorrow will be the best day to go fishing for a long time, the wind is changing tonight to a south westerly bring warm air, I am having a day on the Warwickshire Avon, water levels are perfect.

I feel a bag up day coming on.

Tight lines (try a river)

Fingers crossed you're right I've got a couple of days off too (½ term) but plan a morning on a favoured Kennet chub hole tomorrow...

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Fingers crossed you're right I've got a couple of days off too (½ term) but plan a morning on a favoured Kennet chub hole tomorrow...

C.

And a cracking session it was too. 10 chub to 5lb 5oz - even had a small barbel although the WT was only 46ºF. All on trotted maggot - and somewhat surprisingly the fish weren't in the 'hole' but out on the shallows in the fast water....

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

i got down to the lake this morning about 8:30 and fish till 5

the water had risen and was quiet clear so i threw in a few hand fulls of dark groundbait and fished maggots and sweetcorn, the biggest fish i managed to get was a decent sized roach but i usually get quiet a few nice perch on double red maggot but they never showed up today, hopefully the tench and crucians will come on soon

it was good to get back out again