Amble..??..September.??

Norrie

This time next week I will be in Wales, this does not give me much time so Davy and the crew from the trip you had better be quick with a reply.

Alan

ps I hate answering my own topic especially when I am giving things away

[ 06. August 2004, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Alan didn,t mean to sound critical or be negative. I appreciate that trying new things is part of the fun. The point i was trying to make (badly I accept) was that most freshwater fly fishermen have dozens of flies which could work well in the sea. Most of us have boxes of them which we rarely use. If I see Norrie soon I will give him some in case you wish to try them. I have never been tempted in the past to fly fish in the sea but your enthusiasm in this direction is tempting me now. Have fun.

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

Hi Peter, I have boxes of flies (as you say) that I dont use, but will be perfect for Alan and his Mullet/Bass fishing, and will be taking them to Lymington for him. I hope to have enough room left in my case for clean socks etc... :D:rolleyes::D

Alan, Davy is up at LA taking Lindas mum on a tour of Mull as its her Birthday...so make up what you can, and I will ensure that he gets them ok.. :D:D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Peter, no problem mate, I tend to read things the wrong way at times. I am going to have great fun with my fly fishing experiments at sea or in the marina, now why has Carp on the surface just jumped into my head :D Frans where are you.

Snacher, let us know how they work out mate.

Norrie, clean socks, another first :D The problem with making a variety of leads is the hooks, I am really low on the ones for the fishtek lead heads as in about 6 total.

Alan

Alan, I'm off to Glasgow Angling in a while, so if you want me to get some hooks for you, let me know. There will still be time to get them to you,,,as long as you stay up through the night to make them... :D:D I'm off to get your Ghillie a Birthday Present...its his 40th today...BIG party tonight....will mail you some pics... :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Norrie, you mentioned that one of your mates wanted the 16 or 20 oz lead heads, you can get the molds and hooks from the same place that I got mine, DB Angling Supplies, Eastbourne. They import the Do-it molds. The actual moulds are £37, but you also need the hooks, price per hundred up to £43.24.

With the lead that you have in your back yard I think you could make a few quid. there site can be found at http://www.fishingweightmolds.com hope that works for a change :D

Alan

[ 10. August 2004, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

Those flies look spot on norrie,

Ive just taken up flyfishing in the sea and its gave me new insentive, its just such good fun and the fish dont half kick back,

So far in 3 months over this summer ive caught about 11 bass(biggest 2.5lb) 5 pollack mostly small but my pb a 4lb whopper, and lots of wee colies, Ive tried using trickory by freelining rag tipped flies on the flyrod too, cathcing a pb ballann of 3lbs and several smaller ones, Great fun, For the bass in the shallow rough water ive used the floatin line, but the rest all a fast sink line, Oh the coulers bang on too all my fish av been on white flies, But nowt fancy just my old trout lures

Tight Lines

Shaun

Alan Taylor:

Jaybee/all.I will get out on the blistering hot balcony in the morning with safety glasses, fire proof overalls, work boots, welders glove, face mask and make up 27 of the 8 oz, thats all the hooks I have left, lead enough though.

Jaybe, if you ever have line that needs field testing

Or same deal as Phil, a couple of quid in the RNLI :)

Alan

Alan, a very fair deal, howabout they get what they would have cost me, I assume a couple of quid per head??

[ 10. August 2004, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: phil dean ]

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

phil dean:

Phil, your little packet is made up and ready to go, call it a fiver to the RNLI:-)

Norries and Davey's are also made up, nothing, I owe both of them so much.

I will try and add to the lead heads for Norrie to dish out but have to get frans to slightly alter the mould to accept the only hooks/eyes that I have left, time is short for me, on the road on Saturday but will do my best.

Wish I could be on the trip with you orrible lot though:-)

Cheers.

Alan

ps anyone interested in the moulds check out the link in a previous posting.

[ 10. August 2004, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]