Delivery!

Jeff S

Finally arrived all nice and shiny. Looks nice on the car. But almost lost it with the wind as bad as it was this afternoon..

2284808968_d16534f9a5_m.jpg

Putting it on the roofrack I noticed a small indentation on the side. Well not very small but I think I might be able to work it out if I heat up the hull a bit and focus the heat around the dent. If it doesn't work I was told I can return it for a replacement

I also rigged up a pulley system to keep it off the floor. (There's no room to store it on the ground) Anyone need a tablesaw? You can see the indentation in this photo.

2284811790_2a4e45a408_m.jpg

I don't know if this is new for 2008 or if I haven't seen any photos on the web of these brilliant little integrated nuts. So apparently I won't have to drill to attach anything.

2284022293_9ce1fd9289_m.jpg

BCU membership renewal came in yesterday. Now all I need is a cag.

Click here for flickr

Edited by Jeff S

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Sweet! Welcome to our world!

Someone reported great success using a wallpaper steamer for removing flat spots.

Thanks! You are right Mark. I think it was Yakity that posted it but I know I've read it more than once on here. I've got an old heat gun that I think might do the trick. You can just make out the spot in the photo of it hanging in the garage. Can't wait to take her out. Got to think of a name too come to think of it....

Edited by Jeff S

Jeff

Yellow Prowler13

Ask me at 75...

Thanks! You are right Mark. I think it was Yakity that posted it but I know I've read it more than once on here. I've got an old heat gun that I think might do the trick. You can just make out the spot in the photo of it hanging in the garage. Can't wait to take her out. Got to think of a name too come to think of it....

Nice one jeff, hope you enjoy it as much as I do :D

I don't know if this is new for 2008 or if I haven't seen any photos on the web of these brilliant little integrated nuts. So apparently I won't have to drill to attach anything.

2284022293_9ce1fd9289_m.jpg

Hi Jeff, yes I got those as well as standard. The one you have pictured is meant to take a scotty mount. You'll need marine grade screws M5. If you can get them they need to be 20mm to go through the mount and get sufficient purchase in the brass insert, too short and you'll damage them. The only thing I needed to drill for was for a clam cleat to hold my anchor trolley in position, but I think you're a freshwater man aren't you. What rod holders were you thinking of, Mark has rams everywhere. I went for scotty's.

I also did the 'dipseadiver mod' on the other forum, that brings your rods much closer to avoid overstretching. Yours was a P13 wasn't it.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Jeff, yes I got those as well as standard. The one you have pictured is meant to take a scotty mount. You'll need marine grade screws M5. If you can get them they need to be 20mm to go through the mount and get sufficient purchase in the brass insert, too short and you'll damage them. The only thing I needed to drill for was for a clam cleat to hold my anchor trolley in position, but I think you're a freshwater man aren't you. What rod holders were you thinking of, Mark has rams everywhere. I went for scotty's.

I also did the 'dipseadiver mod' on the other forum, that brings your rods much closer to avoid overstretching. Yours was a P13 wasn't it.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that. I was going to enquire about the type of mount earlier but in a reply to Leon I was rudely interupted with a lap full of hot coffee and my youngest son trying very hard to get it into every other nook and cranny of my laptop. :o Some of the things that they get up to remind me of Terry Doe and his dog Morris. :D

I have been looking at Cabelas for their flush mount style, but in looking at some photos that Snapper posted I thought he could give me the model that he was using ( I PMed him earlier in the week). His looked very much like one that I envisioned and since I can't seem to find it I was going to build one. Scotty has a mount attachment for lifting crab pots and such. The arm itself is what I was interested in. I'd like to find one that is adjustable. (The only way I can describe it is something similiar to a desk lamp in adjustment.) If there is one that is on the market I would be very interested in it.

I am for now river and canal bound but won't rule out a trip to the coast. I spent most of the morning with my boys in Homebase and Focus browsing and trying to get ideas for rigging. (It is the P13 by the way) I won't be taking a load of tackle since I tend to stick with the same style of lures and will only use one rod at any given time, so I think one rod holder will do fine for what I want.

Mark- I'll do my best!

(added) My login for AA is rigg8 but I was able to login once. After I logged out I have not been able to log into the forum again.

Edited by Jeff S

Jeff

Yellow Prowler13

Ask me at 75...

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that. I was going to enquire about the type of mount earlier but in a reply to Leon I was rudely interupted with a lap full of hot coffee and my youngest son trying very hard to get it into every other nook and cranny of my laptop. :o Some of the things that they get up to remind me of Terry Doe and his dog Morris. :D

I have been looking at Cabelas for their flush mount style, but in looking at some photos that Snapper posted I thought he could give me the model that he was using ( I PMed him earlier in the week). His looked very much like one that I envisioned and since I can't seem to find it I was going to build one. Scotty has a mount attachment for lifting crab pots and such. The arm itself is what I was interested in. I'd like to find one that is adjustable. (The only way I can describe it is something similiar to a desk lamp in adjustment.) If there is one that is on the market I would be very interested in it.

I am for now river and canal bound but won't rule out a trip to the coast. I spent most of the morning with my boys in Homebase and Focus browsing and trying to get ideas for rigging. (It is the P13 by the way) I won't be taking a load of tackle since I tend to stick with the same style of lures and will only use one rod at any given time, so I think one rod holder will do fine for what I want.

Mark- I'll do my best!

(added) My login for AA is rigg8 but I was able to login once. After I logged out I have not been able to log into the forum again.

I'll PM Starvin Marvin, let him know you're having probs

Excellent Steve- Thanks its been sorted out.

Hmm. Spoke too soon. Logged in sent a PM and that was that. Can't get back in. Strange.

Edited by Jeff S

Jeff

Yellow Prowler13

Ask me at 75...