technical help needed with Hardy Marquis Disc reel

evie

Hi, I've recently acquired a Hardy Marquis disc #3/4 fly reel. It's in very good condition but it's set for right hand wind. Does anyone know how to convert it to left hand wind?

According to the instruction sheet I got with mine...

1) Unscrew the line guard on the frame and just turn it round to face the other way

2) Remove spool by means of the latch release bar located in the centre of the spool

3) Remove the two fixing screws from the check wheel plate which is attached to the rear of the spool

4) Remove the check wheel plate from the spool

5) Rotate the pick-up pawl through 180%. The flat side of the pick-up pawl should now be opposite the original position

6) Refit the check wheel plate to the rear of the spool and tighten the two screws

It's a two-minute job once you've found an appropriate screwdriver and figured out what's meant by a check wheel plate and a pick-up pawl!

If you get stuck, give me a shout on this thread. (You won't be able to send PMs yet.)

• 2 months later...
According to the instruction sheet I got with mine...

1) Unscrew the line guard on the frame and just turn it round to face the other way

2) Remove spool by means of the latch release bar located in the centre of the spool

3) Remove the two fixing screws from the check wheel plate which is attached to the rear of the spool

4) Remove the check wheel plate from the spool

5) Rotate the pick-up pawl through 180%. The flat side of the pick-up pawl should now be opposite the original position

6) Refit the check wheel plate to the rear of the spool and tighten the two screws

It's a two-minute job once you've found an appropriate screwdriver and figured out what's meant by a check wheel plate and a pick-up pawl!

If you get stuck, give me a shout on this thread. (You won't be able to send PMs yet.)

Hi, i just wanted to thank you for taking the time to help me out. your advice was spot on and reel is working fine. Aren't us anglers such kind and helpful people!