2016 Obituary thread

ayjay

Mrs White, mass murderer for many decades using a variety of weapons. Succeeded by Miss Scarlett, Professor Plum, Mrs Peacock, Reverend Green and Colonel Mustard. Her place will be taken by Dr Orchid.

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

• 3 weeks later...

Jerry Doyle, best known for playing Michael Garibaldi in Babylon 5, aged 60 :(

John S

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Jerry Doyle, best known for playing Michael Garibaldi in Babylon 5, aged 60 :(

Not a great age ,loved babylon five when it was on tv so bought the complete series on dvds ,not that great in reflection ,i always wonder how mrs bonehead brushed her hair after her transformation LOL

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I never watched it when it was on TV but recently heard good things about it so bought the entire series plus the films and spin-off series. Shame the spin-off series only lasted for one season, it looked promising :(

John S

The modern battlestar gallactica is less hammy than the original ,well worth a look

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The modern battlestar gallactica is less hammy than the original ,well worth a look

Does it follow on from the original or try to pretend it didn't happen? I enjoyed the original series up to a point, so am thinking I might get it on DVD along with the modern version.

John S

Its a retelling ,theres a dvd of the short modern tv series (which is a must as the story is before what happens in the 70's one ,the radically rethought main part and the end) the original cylon only has a few seconds of shot to say why is a spoiler but worth getting just for the rethink and .......well buy it and see the twists its not as linear as the first one

Edited by chesters1

Will do :)

John S

i lied a quick glance says its 40 years after the cylon war ,the first DVD is the mini series watch that first then suddenly unexplained bits further in make sense ,its not linear it has 'flashbacks' trying to tie the mini series and the original series together ,as i said well worth watching just for the lady in reds figure !

hopefully the dropbox bit works

as i said previous to the first series its a bit patchy but sort of in order the lead is definitely more femcho than macho

https://db.tt/dQn1RZeN

Its harder to get a definite dvd timeline i presume the makers had to bring out the odd dvd to make sense when people questioned it on tv when they released to dvd ,there could be some i missed

Edited by chesters1