Eduardo

five bellies

Taylors challenge was a bad foul which deserved a straight red. He went in with his foot raised and studs showing and caught Eduardo in the middle of his shin. Defenders have always roughed up forwards in the first few minutes but this was a bit OTT IMO <_<

Arson Wenger I feel had a valid point but retracted latter that Taylor should not be allowed to play again but did not actually apologise for his original comments. We all want to see attractive skilful football not that sort of challenge that threatens the career of a talented footballer, ban him for six months I say.

The out come was bad Rabbit, Ten thousand times that would not have happend Eaurdo was a victem of statistics, I am interested to see what the FA will have to say, I think the red card will stand with the manditory Ban thats all ! Lets see.

I feel there would be far more Hype going on in both camps if it was to come to any more,

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont believe I tried to do any thing I did however without trying too hard :rolleyes: successfully raise the piont that the Tackle was quite ordinary with a tragic out come, Poldarks piont was not accurate in my opinion but he is intitled to it none the less as you are yours! Its funny you use the term No Brain! I am a Gooner and have been since I was 6 I am in my mid fourties now, But can still be objective, my brain is my own and not owned by The Arsenal, or any one else for that matter can you say the same.

Ordinary!!!!!!!!!!! if that was ordinary I truly fear for the game (and the team) I have followed for 42 years. I too, am an Arsenal follower (will not claim to be a supporter because I simply cannot afford to go and watch them on a regular basis as true supporters do) and have been from the age of 5. Ther are stills floating around the internet CLEARLY showing the tackle was nothing less than a disgrace. The initial contact is mid way down Eduardo's left shin and the ball is shown at LEAST 2 feet away when contact made. The following image shows Taylor's boot crushing Eddie's foot/ankle having already broken (BOTH) bones. A third picture is totally sickening, clearly showing protruding bone. Whilst it is true Eduardo's left leg WAS braced it appears to have made a perfect and irresistable target. Certainly got his man didn't he????????

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Ordinary!!!!!!!!!!! if that was ordinary I truly fear for the game (and the team) I have followed for 42 years. I too, am an Arsenal follower (will not claim to be a supporter because I simply cannot afford to go and watch them on a regular basis as true supporters do) and have been from the age of 5. Ther are stills floating around the internet CLEARLY showing the tackle was nothing less than a disgrace. The initial contact is mid way down Eduardo's left shin and the ball is shown at LEAST 2 feet away when contact made. The following image shows Taylor's boot crushing Eddie's foot/ankle having already broken (BOTH) bones. A third picture is totally sickening, clearly showing protruding bone. Whilst it is true Eduardo's left leg WAS braced it appears to have made a perfect and irresistable target. Certainly got his man didn't he????????

You need to see the video footage, still pictures do not convey the speed and movement involved, as five bellies said it didn't look like a deliberate attempt to injure eduardo.

Edited by snakey1

Guest Brumagem Phil

The slow mo's of this incident clearly show there was no malice.

Its no good showing pictures of the aftermath or the actually time of impact..........you need to roll back a second or two to the point where the tackle was initiated. If you do this you can clearly see that Taylor is going for the ball. Eduardo was way too quick for him and the tackle ended up looking very clumsy.

There are without doubt some nasty players in the game but I don't believe Taylor to be one of them.

Forget looking at the slow mo, forget looking at images, when you look at the incident in real time you will see it is a clumsy awakward tackle that deserved a red card but ................ you see a lot worse week in week out where the player makes no attempt to play the ball only the result is not as bad as what happened to Eduardo. West ham lost Dean Ashton for a whole season to a ankle break from a clumsy tackle from Shaun WP but that was in traing for England so no outcray,no pictures. I think the good sense of Arsne Wenger needs to prevail, he has come out and refuted his early statments about Taylor when he was, understandably still shocked.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

the ball is shown at LEAST 2 feet away when contact made.

Traveling 2 feet requires

@10 mph (14.7 fps) = 0.13 seconds

@20 mph (29.3 fps) = 0.068 seconds

@40 mph (58.7 fps) = 0.034 seconds

I didn't see the game (professional soccer to me is right up there with baseball, golf, paint drying, & grass growing in terms of specator sports) but when I read that a grown man who was already in motion did not manage to change direction in that length of time, I'm not surprised.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I agree, you have to watch the incident at normal speed, not look at the horrific still photographs. It wasn't like Taylor ran in from yards away and lunged in two footed, like you see week in week out. It was just unlucky for Eduardo that the impact of Taylor's boot happened just as his foot was planted with his full weight moving forward onto it. It doesn't take much to break a leg if the timing is right (or wrong I suppose), ask Djibril Cisse.

From Sky Sports webpage.

- Arsenal believe that striker Eduardo da Silva will make a full recovery from his horror leg break and could be back in action in nine months.

The Brazil-born Croatia international was left in agony by Martin Taylor's third minute challenge during Saturday's Premier League clash with Birmingham at St Andrews.

The Gunners have revealed that the force of the challenge broke Eduardo's left fibula and dislocated his ankle, with Taylor being shown an immediate red card.

The Birmingham centre-back has visited Eduardo in hospital, with Blues manager Alex McLeish revealing Taylor is 'mentally shattered' by the incident.

Eduardo, who is expected to be discharged from a London hospital in the next few days, could be back in action for Arsene Wenger's men before the end of the year.

Time-scale

A statement on the club's official website said: "The club can confirm that following the incident during Saturday's match at Birmingham City, Eduardo has fractured his left fibula and sustained an open dislocation of his ankle joint in the same leg.

"He was immediately taken to Selly Oak Hospital in Birmingham where he underwent surgery on Saturday evening. The operation was successful and Eduardo was transferred to a London-based hospital on Sunday afternoon.

"Earlier today (Monday, 25th February), the orthopaedic surgeon and Arsenal medical staff assessed the extent of the damage and possible time-scale for a full recovery.

"All being well, Eduardo will have his leg in plaster and using crutches for the next six to eight weeks. After that time, partial weight-bearing exercises will be scheduled into a slow rehabilitation process.

"It is hoped that Eduardo will be running again in six months' time and making a full recovery after nine months." -

Thats good news. :thumbs:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Thanks for that Cranfield,

I hope Edaurdo makes a full recovery for his sake and the teams.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!