Is THIS the tallest tale you EVER heard?

Chris Goddard

A very tall and true tale: A bloke was walking his dog at Pallarenda Beach, Townsville, Qld. when the dog ran to a small pool and started barking. The bloke went to get the dog and, to his amazement and delight, there was a very big barramundi stranded in the 4 inch deep pool. He tied the dog's leash around the barra's tail and dragged the fish back to his car. I believe the fish weighed about 35 lbs.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

????? Where does it say this incident took place in the UK?

Shaver Lake is in California USA

Oh, yeah. "Memorial Day" . . . That's a US holiday ain't it? :huh: Boy, do I feel intelligent . . . :wallbash:<_<:lol: But, mind, California is still a foreign country to us Michiganders! :D

But, mind, California is still a foreign country to us Michiganders! :D

The UP is a foreign country to folks living in lower MI, isn't it? :o

(note to the UK folks, UP = upper penensula = a section of Michigan that is geographically somewhat isolated from the rest of the State. It's the bit to the top and left and which really should be a part of Wisconsin)

michigan.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

When I "was a lad" and had no scruples was fishing the River Tyne at Prudhoe. The river was in flood so fished at the mouth of Whittle Dean burn with worm which always did well on these occasions for brownies.

Noticed a large dorsal moving down the bank towards me about 2' out. The water was the totally muddy and could not see what the fish was or how big it was so being an oppertunist!!! in those days just lowered the net in front of me and waited for the fish to slowly swim over it.

Yup it was a freshly run salmon which I quicly clonked on the head and put into my bag. Well I did obtain the nickname of Snatcher at about this time but that was for even more shocking fishing behavoir :o

Honest I never pull that sort of stunt these days ;)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• 3 weeks later...
The UP is a foreign country to folks living in lower MI, isn't it? :o

Yup. WEIRD folks up there . . . :o:lol: Lot of Cornish people, mixed in with Finns and Indians (Native Americans) and some a few "Canooks." We can't understand half of what they're saying when they talk and who knows what sort of strange habits they might have . . . :huh:

That's exactly why I thought the UP should be a part of Wisconsin since their weirdness would be barely noticeable to the Wisconsinites.

*says a man whose wife is from Wisconsin as he ducks and runs for cover*

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Around here we'd call one like that, bait.

Strangest one I know of was when I was serving my time as a structural engineer in Glasgow (28 years ago!).

A friend in the drawing office had a brother who owned a farm on the island of Islay. It was being over run with rabbits and Davie organised a weekend for a few of us to go shoot as many of the pests as we could manage over a long weekend.

We paired off and I was with Davy himself. Each pair headed off in different directions for both safety reasons and for maximum coverage. We had a good day, eliminating many of the problem bunnies and, what with the weight of the carcases etc, decided we would take a shortcut back to the farm by walking along the beach. This was easily done as it was low tide and we just had to avoid the rock pools.

Imagine our surprise when we passed a large pool only to see a salmon of about 10lbs swimming about in the pool. It was a nice summers day so we both jumped in and around this pool trying to catch it. After 10mins of this we were both getting nowhere and in a fit of pique the bold Davy lets fly with his shotgun and the concussion stunned the fish allowing him to retrieve it.

Imagine his brothers surprise when we returned to the farm and deposited not only the rabbits, but the salmon on the kitchen table.

So with deep apologies to my fellow anglers who feel it was unsporting, (I was still a nipper and I didnt fire the fatal shot. Did eat it though), I give you Davie Munro, the only guy I ever knew who shot a salmon.

Ferox are more than Mythical. www.darkmileferox.co.uk