This, That, & The Other (was "elton or newt")

Andy_1984

Aye cory. Skimlinks script is gone :) like steve says it does it at runtime, not during submiting to database (hence you wont see it if you try to edit a post)

I think I understand. It's a server side script, not a client side script.

• Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

It's client side, it runs in the browser and replaces key words in the text with hyperlinks - but it does it to text you are reading, not text you are submitting.

It's client side, it runs in the browser and replaces key words in the text with hyperlinks - but it does it to text you are reading, not text you are submitting.

That does not make any sense. I could see them before, I can't see them now and I've changed nothing in Firefox.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

The script which is executed client side is inserted server side. Elton has removed it, so it is no longer there.

So if I had disabled JS on my browser I'd not have seen them either. That sounds a bit like blaming the victim to me ;-)

So if I had disabled JS on my browser I'd not have seen them either. That sounds a bit like blaming the victim to me ;-)

Yep. Although I suspect that this site probably isn't usable without JS enabled.

I don't get them, because my tracking protection list prevents the download of code from the third party website which hosts it.

Andy - I would help if I could but at least for now, I can't. It would need to be done from the admin section and when I click on the link to log in (its apart from the normal AN login) I get a 404 page not found.

I

Andy - apparently some sort of glitch blocked me from the area of the site where I could do what you originally asked. Probably, in hind site, a good thing since your issue appears to be tolerable with the new software tweaks.

I can get to it now and can wipe you & your posts off the forum as if you'd never existed if that's still what you want but I hope you have reconsidered and want to stay active on AN. Your absence (and the absence of your many posts) would be a real shame as your stuff is almost always positive and productive.

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss this.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President