American Carp forums

For anyone interested in the developing Carp scene in the United States:

www.michigancarp.com - website by a British transplant and Carp-angling fanatic in Michigan; covers beginning Carping and productive Carp waters all over

southern Michigan; includes fun and informative Forum ("The Bivvy") populated by plenty of friendly people

www.carpanglersgroup.com - website of one of the first major national Carp-angling organizations in the US; full of helpful information on Carp-angling in the US

and provides a way to get in touch with Carp-anglers all over the US, Canada, and Mexico; Forum contains sections about

non-Carp angling, non-fishing chat, bankside cooking, non-North American catches, etc. as well as strictly Carp info.

www.americancarpsociety.com - website of a new and developing US Carp organization; good forum containing section specifically set aside for lady Carp anglers

OOPPS! I just realized this thread was only supposed to be for owners of these sites! Sorry 'bout that . . . :wallbash:

Edited by AnnaWerner

OOPPS! I just realized this thread was only supposed to be for owners of these sites! Sorry 'bout that . . . :wallbash:

That's not a problem at all :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Is phonebush still actively posting on the CAG forums? Last I heard he had some health issues (may have suffered a mild stroke - not sure)?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Don't really know about Phone, Newt. Now that you mention it, I don't think I've seen any posts from him lately, but I also haven't seen anything posted by anyone else about him. I'll keep an eye out . . .

I had a look at the site & the forums yesterday. Haven't been on in well over a year (maybe even two years) when there was so much cat fighting among a groups of supposed grown men that it wasn't any fun.

Saw mostly new IDs so I'm thinking of getting back on and maybe even renewing my CAG membership.

If phone isn't still around, the place has lost a real character. Think of Chesters1 with more tall tales and a mid-west accent.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry that the "infighting" on the Forum drove you away. I've gotten involved in a few somewhat heated discussions on there myself, but the good things about membership outweighed the bad for me, so I stuck with the Forum. My club membership is permanent anyway. (Got a special offer from the Michigan State Chair: permanent membership in exchange for talking-up CAG like crazy to my customers. :D ) I'll just make sure to never share bank space with those people I can't talk to without starting a fight. :lol: The CAG moderators have had to really start watching the Forum closely lately becaus some VERY touchy issues have surfaced over the past year or so. I hope you join us again, and we'll all try our HARDEST to be NICE! :D