Tremor...?

mr motorola

The blurb from the USGS site had it at 4.7 so I imagine that is the accurate magnitude.

I wonder why there's a discrepancy, the USGS say 4.7 whilst the BGS say 5.2 :unsure:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on John.. You know America is always right! :P

I know they always claim to be.... ;)

As everyone knows though, it's Yorkshiremen that are always right :wiggle:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

I wonder why there's a discrepancy, the USGS say 4.7 whilst the BGS say 5.2 :unsure:

Didn't BGS outsource their monitoring last year? It may just be a language problem.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Well I slept through it all, more or less. Apparently our dog, Gromitt, was sleeping on Chris's couch in his bedroom when it happened, he climbed onto Chris's bed and stuck his nose in Chris's face for a little reassurance that all was OK, but Chris waved him off so he decided to come down to us and wormed his way onto our bed between us and hid there. :o:unsure: obviously feeling safe there

I awoke some time about 5-00 am to find him on his back with his feet in the air and snoring like a herd of pigs. :rolleyes: (the dog was snoring not Chris :lol: ) he's quite a noisy snorer at times. :rolleyes:

I knew something had happened during the night but put it down to either wind or rain, but on reaching the kitchen and putting on the radio, all the talk was about the earth quake.

It's taken nearly all day for poor ole Gromm to calm down he's been well agitated.

If the hat's missing

I've gone fishing

They are great fun when you are at the top of a high rise building! They seem to last longer too, but I guess that is because the top of the building moves a lot more than the ground floor! :o

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

One of my favourite websites! :D

We had an "earthquake" here in Michigan once when I was about 8 years old. Since Michigan is one of the most geoligically-stable ponts in North America, it was interesting and exciting. I was sitting in the back room of the shop when everything bounced with a huge, muffled "BOOM." Everything on my desk bounced once, the whole place rattled, and everything outside the window seemed to carry on as normal. Of course, being a little kid, I forgot about it all in about 10 minutes, and, since my Dad wasn't worried, I didn't think about it again for I don't know how long. Only much later did I learn that we'd felt the tremors from a quake that probably knocked a few dishes over closer to Missouri. Everybody here in Michigan just thought it was underground explosions from sewer work or something. I think about it a lot more now that I'm studying Geology. :D