when does the new trout season start?

phil dean

I'm not being awkward, but there seem to be different times for different areas? I assume that this is historic but it can be confusing. When the NRA came in I thought this would be standardised, but it wasn't depsite the standard situation for coarse fishing.

Has anyone any thoughts on this?

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

15 th March for those of us who live in God's own county of Lancashire them Tykes from ower t'hills

have to wait until the 25th of march. Though to be fair it's not really worth bothering with until mid april really

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Ireland west, february 15th, midlands & east, some march 1st, some march 14th, some march 17th.

Me I travel over west on the 15th feb, and then fish the loughs from 1st march, and the rivers from the 17th. Some areas finish on sept 1st, some sept 30th, some oct 12th, then we have put and take 'bow fisheries open all year.....the only problem is it gets F%*^@* cold sometimes..

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

you can keep to that side too mr roe, though to be honest I may be wetting a line on the cumbria side on the morning of the 15th....

it just strikes me as bizarre that it was never standardised...ah well, in the words of the french, vive la difference, it gives me a reason to travel to different places.

Edited by phil dean

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Looks like |I shall have to have the border police on the lookout for a wode painted tyke with a fly rod in his mitt and a purposeful look in his eye :D :D :P

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

They'll have to enjoy a 3 mile hike to find me on the river, it's a hiking boot job this year if i'm going to finally catch a certain elusive beast.........i hope he's still waiting for me where I spotted him last year............it's a 4 mile drive on single track road, a long walk through woods, finished by a crawl on my belly for the last few yards. I missed the last bit last season, thinking a crouch would do, but you don't grow that big ignoring a crouching angler!!!

i have a sneeking feeling that if he is caught, he might even be returned.

Tight lines to all of you, even the red rose bloke, i'm starting to get excited now.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

You and I both I just hope that the weather starts to buck up a bit between now and then....

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

• 2 weeks later...