Hungry python

RobStubbs

I keep Boas,and have kept snakes (Anacondas/Burmese pythons)that could see of a small dog easily

snakes can eat poeple but only small ones ;) but tend to go for pray that is easier to swallow they struggle with the primate head and shoulder arangement the very thing that causes women extreem pain in child birth, Qaudripeds fold up a lot better when being eaten head first, we dont! that dosn't mean its never happend and wont again its just not likely or should I say common,

one other thing is A lot of these giant snakes (not all)only grow to these record sizes in captivity where they have optimum growing conditions and no parasitic infections to ward off a ten foot scrub python would be a big snake and fairly common althgough a eighteen foot snake is posibble it would be remarkable in the wild,A bit like fishery Carp and Rainbow trout, I would worry more about being invenomated by a smaller snake than being taken by a constrictor if I lived in the tropics, and I would not expend to much energy doing that, as the niose that I would make crashing though the scrub would make most self respecting ambush preditor run or slither a mile.

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

I don't think I'd have been shooting it with a camera, somehow.

Snakes like that are what machetes were made for :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I watched a black man in South Africa see off a 15' Python by doing something I would never of thought of doing.

The Python was stalking his goats, so he waited until the snake went to anchor itself and cut off the tail with a machete. The snake suddenly changed its mind and skarpered.

The experts said that that action had probably killed the snake, as it needs the tail as an anchor in order to constrict!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I watched a black man in South Africa see off a 15' Python by doing something I would never of thought of doing.

The Python was stalking his goats, so he waited until the snake went to anchor itself and cut off the tail with a machete. The snake suddenly changed its mind and skarpered.

The experts said that that action had probably killed the snake, as it needs the tail as an anchor in order to constrict!

A long slow death at that, as a fifteen foot rock python wich are quite an agressive snake by nature could go for eighteen months without eating quite easily. Snakes in the wild lose pieces of there tail by having poor sheds a small end section of unshedded skin can sometimes get left behind when the snake sheds this can cause incirculation simmilar to a rubber band on a lambs tail causing a section of the tail to become necrotic and fall off, so that sheepherd would have had to have loped of a fair bit.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

The thing is that Cairns is built in a sub tropical swamp and is expanding so naturally the wild life will be looking for a easy meal . The dog would have been a gonna before the snake started to eat it but must be heart breaking for kids . As Five Bellies stated Queensland is home to over 20 of the worlds most highly rated venomous snakes including the taipan and the Eastern brown snake.

He who simply trys, Is not trying hard enuff

The thing is that Cairns is built in a sub tropical swamp and is expanding so naturally the wild life will be looking for a easy meal . The dog would have been a gonna before the snake started to eat it but must be heart breaking for kids . As Five Bellies stated Queensland is home to over 20 of the worlds most highly rated venomous snakes including the taipan and the Eastern brown snake.

The incident was at Kuranda, some 30 km away and 2500 feet higher.

The most venomous snakes??

http://snake.fol.nl/Page2.html

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.