Angling Vagabond

Vagabond

Dave, I asked for a book and didn't see you today and havn't had a pm from you :cry::cry::(

Yep, missed your request, sorry. Finally found it tucked away at the top of Page 11 of the Itchen thread. But dry those eyes, you have pm.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just tried to place an order via the link, but it crashed after taking my card details, so I don't know if it's gone through or not. I'm reluctant to try a second time as I can't afford to pay twice!

I'll wait and see if it arrives. If not, I'll reorder.

I can't answer for Trafford Publishing, but most Internet sales outfits send a confirmatory email to acknowledge your order. If you didn't get the email, it is very likely your order didn't get through.

If Jeff S reads this, he might tell us if he got such an email confirming his order.

RNLI Governor

It's my birthday next month, and the family are always saying I'm an awkward sod to buy for.

Not this year I'm not. :) They have been told.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I would like a copy, Signed if possible, could I send a cheque for the book and postage cost

Bluerinse - you have pm

For anyone else that wants a copy, One way is to type Angling Vagabond into Google and click on the Trafford Publishing link, which tells you a bit about the book and gives you the option to order.

Here is the link you get

http://www.trafford.com/07-2851

Scroll down to the bottom and click "add to shopping basket"

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

I received my book yesterday morning, and it was read by yesterday evening, I could not put it down, what a great book.

It reminded me so much of my own childhood, even though I was a child in the 70's, catching newts, bullheads (millers thumbs were I come from) Making tackle.

Muddy clay pits. Rafts the whole thing

I loved the context it was set in, Second World War, etc..

I can only say it’s a fantastic read and if you have not got a copy get one now.

I can’t wait for the next book as indicated at the end of this book

You have a great righting style that draws you in to the story and keeps you hooked, I really could not put it down until it was finished, I wish you all the best of luck with the book and I am sure with the right promotion this will be a top selling childhood/angling book

FANTASTIC

:D

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

It reminded me so much of my own childhood, even though I was a child in the 70's

I'm glad you said that. I was actually talking about Angling Vagabond to somebody yesterday and said how a lot of it was similar to my own childhood (born in 1971) and how I doubt somebody living their childhood now would be able to say the same. As non-PC as it is now, the references to bird nesting brought back many memories.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I think the main difference now for kids starting out fishing is that they can go to a put and take stew pond and catch a10lb carp with very little effort and very little skill, they do not go through the leaning curve we did.

An 8oz perch was a fish to behold when I was a kid. If you ever caught a big fish it was news in the area for weeks if not months, I caught a 2lb Bream and was talk of my village for months.

I was born 1963 and started fishing at 6, so I spent the whole of the 70's fishing, I had a small clay/sand pit close to my house that was full of small perch, I honed my skills on these fish, I also lived 1 mile from Earlswood lakes and as I got older I started to fish there, I learnt a lot from the anglers there who were mostly happy to pass on tips and bits of tackle to a mad keen young un.

Happy memories

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

Thanks for my copy Vagabond, the cheque's in the post :)

I've read it already, really evokative stuff. The Norfolk sections are very well observed, as a good old boy myself I raised a smile more than once. A really nice read.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

It's a really excellent book and a fascinating read as it's not just about angling. In fact it reminds me somewhat of "Out of Town" by Jack Hargreaves, and that's praise indeed.

If you haven't already bought it I'd urge you to do so. I very much doubt that anyone could fail to enjoy it!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net