Mono recommendations.

wellyphant

I've used chameleon in the past and it's deffo thicker in comparison to the same strain in sensor. Sensor breaks well above it's B/S but I found chameleon usually snaps pretty much on it's stated B/S. Sensor seems to be much more abrasion resistant also

I'll never forget the time when a mate of mine was using Maxima Chameleon and I was using Silcast in the next swim to him and he was catching twice as many fish as me. I even fished right up close to him with the same result then we swapped over our rods and the bites followed the rod with the Chameleon on. We did this a couple of times in the same swim to make sure it wasn't a fluke but it confirmed to us the effectiveness of the Chameleon versus the Silcast.

I have never used Silcast for float fishing since, and is why I like to use Chameleon for waggler fishing in open water (well away from any sharp reeds because I'm not fully convinced with its abrasion resistance).

Keith

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I'll never forget the time when a mate of mine was using Maxima Chameleon and I was using Silcast in the next swim to him and he was catching twice as many fish as me. I even fished right up close to him with the same result then we swapped over our rods and the bites followed the rod with the Chameleon on. We did this a couple of times in the same swim to make sure it wasn't a fluke but it confirmed to us the effectiveness of the Chameleon versus the Silcast.

I have never used Silcast for float fishing since, and is why I like to use Chameleon for waggler fishing in open water (well away from any sharp reeds because I'm not fully convinced with its abrasion resistance).

Keith

I got that exact same feeling waggler fishing with it. was it the kinda ginger colored one or the light green ?

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

If I remember correctly the Silcast was the light green stuff and the Chameleon was/is a dark brown colour.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I use Sensor and ProGold.

I started out using Sensor and it has served me well for 20 years. However, I was given a reel of ProGold and found it quite supple and less visible - I think it may be a fluoro line, which would explain it.

Either way, I'd recommend either, quite happily.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Got to agree Alan. Progold seems as tough as sensor but critically its much much much more supple.

I hate sensor. Its awful. Its good for one thing, backing up a deep spool before wasting too much of a decent line. Its cheap because its crap!

Got to agree Alan. Progold seems as tough as sensor but critically its much much much more supple.

I hate sensor. Its awful. Its good for one thing, backing up a deep spool before wasting too much of a decent line. Its cheap because its crap!

I do ok with it, it's caught me plenty of fish :P:lol: .